Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Big guy looking to start

Introduce yourself as a new member to the kiting community. This well tell all of us who you are and very likely you will make new kiting buddies in your area or from visiting kiters.

Ryan1990
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 0
Gear: Trainer
Brand Affiliation: None

Big guy looking to start

Postby Ryan1990 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:09 pm

Hey,
I'm a newcomer to kite surfing since it looks awesome to say the least. The one thing I'm concerned about is my size. I've packed on a few extra pounds recently (because honestly who hasn't hahah), but I'm tipping the scales at 338 lbs. Any advice on from those who have learned kite surfing in the 300+ lb club? Also, how about dem harnesses? Any issues with them?
Cheers!
Ryan

matth
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Revere, Nahant, Chapin, West Dennis, Hardings , Kalmus, First Encounter, Dog, yerril, Wing
Favorite Beaches: Wing, West Dennis, Kalmus, Chapin, Revere, Nahant, Dog
Style: Freeride
Gear: 8m,10m, 12, EVOS, 15.5 Switch Helium, 12m Flite. Shinn Monk 32x 41, Monk 37x44, King Gee,
Mako Duke
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Big guy looking to start

Postby matth » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:03 pm

Ryan1990 wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:09 pm
Hey,
I'm a newcomer to kite surfing since it looks awesome to say the least. The one thing I'm concerned about is my size. I've packed on a few extra pounds recently (because honestly who hasn't hahah), but I'm tipping the scales at 338 lbs. Any advice on from those who have learned kite surfing in the 300+ lb club? Also, how about dem harnesses? Any issues with them?
Cheers!
Ryan
Big kites, big boards, and a lot of wind. On a good note you will not get overpowered too often.
I have a buddy that's about 275lbs and he rips it up.

Return to “New Members”