2008 Cabrinha XBow stolen from car in Coral Gables, Miami

Forum for kitesurfers
Pudge
Rare Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

2008 Cabrinha XBow stolen from car in Coral Gables, Miami

Postby Pudge » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:15 pm

2008 7m Cabrinha XBow stolen from car in Coral Gables near the University of Miami. Kite is red white and blue and brand new also it was stolen without the bar (kite only). A police report was filed, however if anyone has any information regarding this matter please don't hesitate to call: 786-380-2289.

BullsShit.com
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Moks', Kailua, Town
Favorite Beaches: Town
Style: old school
Gear: Eclipse Thruster 8, 12. Nano 6
Underground 128 /39 (custom) 07(08)
Mystic harness, Blue Planet shorts, Off Da Lip rash guard
Victoria Secret under wear
Brand Affiliation: being a good friend
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: 2008 CABRINHA XBOW STOLEN FROM CAR IN CORAL GABLES, MIAMI

Postby BullsShit.com » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:44 pm

what the hell are thieves going to do with kite gear?
Unless they know what they where taking, and have a taker (dealer) , the stuff is worthless.
We had gear stolen and we recovered it 10 miles down the road next to a dumpster .
Keep your eyes open and check dumpsters. They can't sell it so they throw it out.

crackers (druggies) don't know what they have. so they get rid of it within a few miles.
Hawaii is small, and there is only two ore three places where the thieves end up dumping their loot.
I am sure, if you ask, the cops (police) will know where to look for it.
Thieves are looking for making cash to buy crack (or ..), so if they can't get $$ they dump it.
I hope you get your stuff back.Maybe we where lucky here, when we recovered our stuff, but just check with the cops and ask where the" dump" is at.

Do you have the serial # of your gear?
(don't post it, just checking if you do......)(makes me go to my car and and write down all my serial # of ALL my gear)
Good Luck
Aloha
Fabs

Dave_5280
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1997
Weight: 78 kg
Favorite Beaches: Kanaha Beach Park, Maui, Hawaii, U.S.
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switchblades, Contras, CF Raptor TT. Ozone Frenzy foil kites with skis. Fixed bridle foil kites on handles with MBS landboard. Progression Sports videos.

Re: 2008 CABRINHA XBOW STOLEN FROM CAR IN CORAL GABLES, MIAMI

Postby Dave_5280 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:31 pm

You might watch Ebay to see if it shows up on there for sale. We had a local guy that found his stolen golf clubs on Ebay the same day they were taken.

I've been thinking about the security of leaving a second kite in the trunk of a car while I'm riding. So your theft is a wakeup call.

For cell phones while on vacation trips, we started using the cheap $30 prepaid phones including 300 minutes for 60 days (Net 10) so we don't have to worry about damage or theft of our regular phones.

Return to “Kitesurfing”