Forum for kitesurfers
.Joel
Medium Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Ruben Len10's Kites Stolen!

Postby .Joel » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:24 pm

Rumors were circulating that Ruben Len10's kite gear had been stolen from the back of his car., this has now been confirmed. Ruben's kites are all custom, marked with "Len10" on them. They thieves managed to steal Ruben's 5m, 6m, 7m, 9m, 11m, 13m Fuels, two boards, three bars, onboard camera and a number of other items......
Read Full Article: Ruben Len10's Kites Stolen!

------------

Clearly these guys are complete idiots, they have stolen kites from one of the most popular kiteboarders in the world, if not the most popular. Added to that they are custom kites, so their stupidity to steal them borders on comical!

Perhaps we will now see the introduction of a black market of valuable and rare kites? :jump:

Regards,

.Joel

CaptainArgh
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freeride, surf, slicks, dwindr exploring
Gear: SS RPM 6, SST 8/10 and Rally 12

Re: Ruben Len10's Kites Stolen!

Postby CaptainArgh » Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:54 pm

Ah HAH! It sucks about the caper, but we will finally get an answer to the old question,
"Is it the rider or the gear?"

If some noob shows up at your beach and is pulling massive kiteloops 60+ feet in the air, take a close look at the kites! If they say Len10 on them and the kid doesn't speak Dutch, we have our answer!!! :thumb:

switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really

Postby switch313 » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:47 pm

i bet some keeno rich dude will but them on the 'black market' and do rude things to them.......

hey lenten will get given new kites and shit anyway, its more concerning when this happens to a normal person who is allready broke because they are still paying for them

besttaste
Frequent Poster
Style: pull power foreward

Postby besttaste » Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:53 pm

Eh, man that's ridiculous!

Once somebody stole my 14m late during an evening in Esbjerg, Denmark, while I was kiting.

I had 2 news papers make articles with a similar slogan as "killing machine stolen" and the kite was found by a news paper delivery who gave it back at the local police station, and then I got it back. It took about 10 days.

But this sound like a planned robbery... maybe those guys want to kite on Mars... :roll: :)

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:29 pm

.Joel wrote:
Added to that they are custom kites, so their stupidity to steal them borders on comical!
Unless they are sold to another brand for a little reverse engineering.

Of course its worth mentioning that this happened in SA where the crime rate for offences like theft are through the roof. Wouldn't make a habit of leaving that much kit in a car in any of the 3rd world.

kiter147
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Rio Grande, Puerto Rico
Favorite Beaches: My own beach
Style: freestyle
Gear: Cabrinha Nomad, 9m/11m

Postby kiter147 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 4:04 pm

thats just messed up steeling rubens kites, boards, bar, and cameras
i hope that they find his kites and do something to the guys who stole his stuff
at least hell get his stuff back again

Return to “Kitesurfing”