Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

2015 Red Bull King of the Air

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:40 pm

Kiteboarders to dominate Cape skies again in 2015 for Red Bull King of the Air

Cape Town (South Africa) – For the third year running Red Bull King of the Air will take over Cape Town’s Big Bay between 31 Jan -15 Feb 2015 as the world’s best kiters take to the skies in an attempt at the crown. They’ll go head-to-head in the ‘flag out’ big air competition format that will see big moves and huge airs performed with style, height, and speed.

In February 2014, 12,000 people watched on as Kevin Langeree (NED) edged out his compatriots Ruben Lenten (NED) and Steven Akkersdijk (NED) in a high-pressure event that saw huge winds and even bigger wipeouts.

“I just can't wait for the KOTA 2015 to kick off!! To me this event is the most extreme, fun and the best way to show what kiteboarding is all about. The vibe around the event is just magical - 24 of the best big air kiteboarders in the world pushing themselves and each other to go bigger and bigger. Just thinking about that again gets me so fired up. I've been training a bunch this year to prepare myself even better then last year so I can hopefully defend my title in 2015,” said Langeree.

Cape Town is a hot spot for kiteboarding during January and February – the ‘Cape Doctor’ (the south-easterly wind that presides over the city in its summer months) and sun-soaked beaches make for a kiteboarder’s dream.

Twelve of the best from 2014 will return and 12 wildcards, selected from online entries and social voting at www.redbullkingoftheair.com will round up the 24 participant line-up.

Since its return in 2013, Red Bull King of the Air has had 2 different winners in 2 events in Cape Town. Do you think you have what it takes to reign in 2015? Head to www.redbullkingoftheair.com and upload your video to enter.

In order to ensure the best wind conditions possible for Red Bull King of the Air to take place, the event window period extends from 31 Jan to 15 Feb 2015.

Invited Riders:

Kevin Langeree (NED), Ruben Lenten (NED), Steven Akkersdijk (NED), Andries Fourie (RSA), Aaron Hadlow (GBR), Jesse Richman (USA), Tom Herbert (FRA), Billy Parker (USA), Nick Jacobsen (DEN), Reno Romeu (BRA), Gianni Aragno (ESP), Jerrie van de Kop (NED).

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 95 kg
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Favorite Beaches: same
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Re: 2015 for Red Bull King of the Air

Postby Toby » Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:41 pm