Local Beach: Darien Beaches
Gear: None yet
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advice for beginner buying equipment

Postby Ethanh100 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Hi,
So I have always been pretty interested in Kiting, and plan to ask for a rig this christmas. I Am 17, around 130lbs, and although I have not kitsurfed before, I have a lot of experience wakeboarding and sailing, as well as flying small sports foil kites. I found what seems to be a pretty good deal on ebay, and want to see what you guys think, and if it will be good for me. This set includes:
-EH Ripper 9m Kite
-EH Bar with 24m lines
-GK Harness
-as well as a pump, bag, and mountain board.
I plan to use my wakeboard for when I am in the water.
I know that 9m would be a little small for me once I become experienced, but figured it would be a good starting ground and then I could get something like a 12m later on(Its not that windy where I am, it will be around 10-20 knots while im out there)

So is this a good deal, Should I go for it, it is all for $350, which seamed pretty good to me. All stuff seems to be in pretty good condition according to his claims and pictures.
Here is the link to the listing: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201734298944?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT

I also Have a friend who is into kiteboarding and I could probably get out there with him a few times to teach my how to do it.
Thanks!

Return to “Kitesurfing”