Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 12
Local Beach: Mandurah
Style: Freeride, wave
Gear: Rebel, Vegas 2012
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Any given Sunday

Postby Westozzy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:11 am

It seems to be a discontinued line from I can see. None online looking for a bit. Might find if I look harder, but all say out of stock. Their may be an equivalent. Most are the full deck pad. Could always do what buell is doing and get my knife out I suppose. Been working on some of those more advanced board throws you have in your vid Toby, with a decent amount of success but spending a disproportionate amount of time in the water still... :D

Well I think I just bought one of the last ones off amazon. Have also ordered the creatures of leisure tail block locally just to see if that might do.,

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Ozone, Axis, Moses, Zeeko, Firewire, SBS
Brand Affiliation: Foiling Basics, The Boardroom Fuerteventura, Ozone, Axiskiteboarding,Schwerelosigkite, Triggernaut,

Postby gmb13 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:18 am

Westozzy wrote:It seems to be a discontinued line from I can see. None online looking for a bit. Might find if I look harder, but all say out of stock. Their may be an equivalent. Most are the full deck pad. Could always do what buell is doing and get my knife out I suppose. Been working on some of those more advanced board throws you have in your vid Toby, with a decent amount of success but spending a disproportionate amount of time in the water still... :D

Well I think I just bought one of the last ones off amazon. Have also ordered the creatures of leisure tail block locally just to see if that might do.,
Still available in Germany http://www.dakine-shop.de/de/detail/ind ... icle/37091 but yes Dakine seems to have discontinued them.

Ocean earth has a version too. http://www.oceanearthstore.com/tail-kick-grip-tail-pad/

Gorilla and Clayton also have tail blocks.

--
Gunnar

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:50 am

Just remembered the pads North had...those where you could lock in your foot...do they have a name?

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:12 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Westozzy wrote:It seems to be a discontinued line from I can see. None online looking for a bit. Might find if I look harder, but all say out of stock. Their may be an equivalent. Most are the full deck pad. Could always do what buell is doing and get my knife out I suppose. Been working on some of those more advanced board throws you have in your vid Toby, with a decent amount of success but spending a disproportionate amount of time in the water still... :D

Still available in Germany http://www.dakine-shop.de/de/detail/ind ... icle/37091 but yes Dakine seems to have discontinued them.

Ocean earth has a version too. http://www.oceanearthstore.com/tail-kick-grip-tail-pad/

Gorilla and Clayton also have tail blocks.

--
Gunnar

Great I can't read German!!! The Dakine ones look more vertical than those others though.

Toby were they called sky hooks? Yeh I remember I had a set on north mutant type board way back in the stone ages...

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:35 pm

No idea what the name was.

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:48 pm

Sky hooks I said

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Ozone, Axis, Moses, Zeeko, Firewire, SBS
Brand Affiliation: Foiling Basics, The Boardroom Fuerteventura, Ozone, Axiskiteboarding,Schwerelosigkite, Triggernaut,

Postby gmb13 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:25 pm

Westozzy wrote:
Great I can't read German!!! The Dakine ones look more vertical than those others though.

Toby were they called sky hooks? Yeh I remember I had a set on north mutant type board way back in the stone ages...
You can change the language to English in the top right corner.

--
Gunnar

Westozzy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Westozzy » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:44 pm

Ta Gunnar will do...just saw the German and freaked out.

jumarcil
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Bozo Beach
Gear: Core xr3: 7 and 9, escape 11m 2015, leopard 9 and 11

Postby jumarcil » Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:21 am

KYLakeKiter wrote:Nice video. Looks like great hang time with that kite. I missed the earlier posts about the Escape and had to search it. I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about it.
I just got the new Escape 2015 and I really love it. I was a bit hesitant at first since I couldn t find too much info but this really is a great kite. I replaced a 12m Core Xr3 with the 11m escape. I think you will hear a lot more about these kites. Great feedback, lots of range, great lowend. The hangtime is excellent. The quality is top notch. And this kite is so easy to fly :-)

Great work guys !

Jules

Return to “Airstyle”