Tiago1973
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2008
Local Beach: Portugal
Style: Freeriding
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Toby Braeuer King of the Air 2015 Submission

Postby Tiago1973 » Sun Nov 16, 2014 2:58 pm

Westozzy wrote:Classic you gumbies telling Toby what he should and shouldn't do. I'm sure he will put his submission in and see what happens and keep riding how he wants to. Lucky he didn't listen to what was the done thing...or others.

..although I would like to see him at 40 knots on a 13/16 just going huge with some dazzling board off stuff...but alas he does what he does.

Post of year hey, you gotta get out more man...
You are not making Toby any favor

Going there and quitting cause it's too windy is a lack of respect for the organization, his fellow competitors and the public

Toby
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Cumbuco, Brazil
Barra do Cauipe, Brazil
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Rebel 2015 18
Brand Affiliation: None.

Postby Toby » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:02 pm

I could have an injury? :D

johnm
Frequent Poster

Postby johnm » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:16 pm

sorry - but Starsky's right

the biggest self-publicist in the history of the sport has finally lost the plot...

Toby - you've basically implied that the sponsors have no idea what people want, the judging is unfair, all the boot-riders are boring and you've no interest in actually 'competing'

:roll:

jens
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2
Local Beach: madison wi

Postby jens » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:31 pm

Westozzy wrote:Well Jens I have kites from 18m down to 6m. From airstyle, too powered freeride to wave riding. It's all kiteboarding. Try not to narrow your focus..and Jens...
so let me get this straight, I do embrace ( like your quiver implies) a broad spectrum of what kiteboarding offers. Toby , embraces one small niche and won't even adjust kite size and I am the one with the narrow focus.

Maybe you should read the posts that are starting top pile up against this travesty. The posts make sense, summarized almost perfectly by Johny Rotten.

What doesn't make sense is no reasonable response from Toby, he ignores them. or maybe he has listed them as "Foes". acting like an ostrich and burying your head in the sand doesn't change the reality that the contradictory opinions and facts are there.

I also like how all you guys seem to know what the crowd wants. How are you figuring that from your computer in michigan or NZ? If you are gauging it from the supporters here there are like 4 of you.
Last edited by jens on Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

jens
Medium Poster

Postby jens » Sun Nov 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Westozzy wrote:Classic you gumbies telling Toby what he should and shouldn't do. I'm sure he will put his submission in and see what happens and keep riding how he wants to. Lucky he didn't listen to what was the done thing...or others.
what is lucky about this?

edt
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: ford lake Michigan
Gear: slingshot liquid force wainman pansh naish north cwb burton ronix rpm ozone

Postby edt » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:12 pm

jens wrote: I also like how all you guys seem to know what the crowd wants. How are you figuring that from your computer in michigan or NZ? If you are gauging it from the supporters here there are like 4 of you.
jens it's not hard to figure out what people want in kiteboarding. 1.5 million views.

I'm tempted to put together a "best of the red bull qualification video moves" there is some really sick stuff going on there, ridiculous megaloop unhooked moves, huge slow rotations with megaloops. The "best of" link I posted above is getting a bit dated 2009 and the skill level now is so much higher than back then. But it's not rocket science figuring out what people want to see.

jens
Medium Poster

Postby jens » Sun Nov 16, 2014 4:21 pm

I forgot that the computer knows all
Well if that's what people want.........
There was no air style in the whole video.
Cool to see that old footage of Tom Herbert ripping those transitions in real wind.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:26 pm

I think adding some airstyle to the mix would be a good thing, but you can't take away from what is already there. Riding in extreme conditions is part (maybe the most important part) of the game. I like to see all the tricks, wakestyle and boardspinning, but at this competition that kind of stuff is the sideshow. What the people expect there is giant air and megaloops. It is King of the Air, not user or passer through.

:lol: There is my proclamation of what "the people" want. As with all the rest, mine is just one opinion of a guy at his computer. :lol: Money and sponsors will provide the real answer.

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 33
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:22 pm

....?......

jrfiol
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Cayo Enrique, La Parguera; Montones Beach, Isabela; Dorado Beach, Dorado.
Favorite Beaches: Not yet.
Style: waverider, freestyle
Gear: Slingshot RPM 10, Darko 135. I also have a Liquid Force Havoc 12 and Rally 14M.

Postby jrfiol » Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:33 pm

Btw, most wont care for kiteboarding, prefer hiphop kardashin justin bieber

KOTA is just for us, so

Return to “Airstyle”