Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why Bows if C-Kites rules at freestyle!

Forum for kitesurfers
switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why Bows if C-Kites rules at freestyle!

Postby switch313 » Thu Apr 03, 2008 7:23 pm

guys guys.........especially marlbro whatever your name is, in 2004 you were probally one of the people hating the same thing...so called 'spastic attacks' 3 foot off the water now you have ruben lenten and the whole pkra pushing both big air combined with wake tricks. isnt this what you people wanted all along? i bet you cant even unhook, if you hate wakestyle so much go on kitescoop.com and moan there.
We just like c-kites because there rough and give direct power, even for big air, my nan could learn with one of the new kites...but you wouldnt know this probally, have you even flown a kite from 2003? ive been kitesurfing a good few years, people were on 2 line kites tied to the bar back then and it was allmost ok to do it aswell. some things will never change i will allways ride c's............

for the non haters...... CHECK OUT THE BEST YARGA 08' ive waited aaaages for a kite to go on the market like this again! its surely gonna rock if anyones got one fill us in!

Slanty
Rare Poster
Local Beach: BEARD BAY
Favorite Beaches: N/A
Style: WAKEY WAKEY
Gear: CZZZZZZZ N 135'S
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Slanty » Thu Apr 03, 2008 10:10 pm

Aww don't even suggest that,the image is ugly in my head,havent bought a new kite in years,won the irish champ this year on 05 gear,the new best c has just inspired me to start forking out the dow ray think ill get the 13 for the summer,ill not bother wiv the bar as it is similar to the bitsa im using at the mo,very simple,keep er low n go!

Seaman
Frequent Poster

Postby Seaman » Fri Apr 04, 2008 10:09 am

Please show me an acrobatic move a windsurfer does and rides out of it, a youtube video will work....Ill be waiting....
http://br.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZR6AXUnQ ... re=related

You ask for it...I challange you to make the simplest trick showed in this video and post it....windsurf is a lot harder to perform tham kite.
Why Bows if C-Kites rules at freestyle!
Every kite has adavantages and disavantages....and everyone has it´s use...horse for courses...C kites rule wakestyle...sle/hydribs rule waves....choose whatever you like and rip it of

Wakeboarder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Progreso, Yucatán, México
Favorite Beaches: EL yaque, Coche in Margarita and Progreso in México
Style: Wakestyle-Freestyle
Gear: Naish Torch10 2008

Postby Wakeboarder » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:49 pm

Hey seaman, I think your worng, I dont think windsurf triks are harder to perform, I dont think that everybody cant do a megaloop like Lenten, or trow backmobe kite loops like Aron Hadlow or KGB like Kevin langeree, Plus there are only like a few tricks in windsurf. So I did Windsurf and was easyer to learn than the kite.

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:38 pm

Wakeboarder wrote: So I did Windsurf and was easyer to learn than the kite.
:lol1:

Oh dude. Where do I begin? Let's go back few years when I was in school. They were teaching us back flips with this harness connected to both sides of the wall. When we mastered that we would go on to jumping and flipping of the "horse" and onto a mattress and so on. So the level of difficulty in kiteboarding is really the prep stage to any real acrobatics. Again in windsurfing you really do it and you take your equipment around with you for the rotation. Handle passes? What a f*** is that all about? You bring yourself up using the lift from the kite and pass the bar from one hand to another. That must be a world fucking record of some sort for sure. :roll:

brny
Rare Poster

Postby brny » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:37 pm

Any Un wanted C kites can be sent to me for inspection and testing. I will gladly test C kites for beer. Make sure your C's don't got the disease! send them out here to the C- cycling Center for immediate diagnosis.

This is not a joke! Really if you got an old C send it to me. I can assure you it will be put to good use.

Contact Bernie :jump:

808-347-0799

Wakeboarder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Progreso, Yucatán, México
Favorite Beaches: EL yaque, Coche in Margarita and Progreso in México
Style: Wakestyle-Freestyle
Gear: Naish Torch10 2008

Postby Wakeboarder » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:47 pm

:rollgrin:
marlboroughman

hahaha dude your so stock in the 80´s hahhaha, i learn backrolls in the wake board I didnt pass for the mattress, but i saw a few girls training like that hahha, i guess bring your board and control the kite wile your doing a trinck dosent mean have the equipment around with you, but i guess you mistake the kite boading, my be you just watch a kid playing with a shark kite or something on the beach and there´s like only 2 or 3 rotacions to practice in windsurf, theres no many options like blind landigs or handel passes, so I do understand you, you will never get it, Its a something new you woulnt understand!!!!

marlboroughman
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Oldschool
Gear: Naish
Brand Affiliation: Make Kiting Great Again!

Postby marlboroughman » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 pm

Wakeboarder wrote: blind landigs or handel passes, so I do understand you, you will never get it, Its a something new you woulnt understand!!!!
You can do them until the sun goes down just don't call them acrobatics because they don't fit the description.

banano1988
Rare Poster
Local Beach: progreso, yucatan, mex.
Style: freestyle
Gear: north

Postby banano1988 » Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:46 am

heeyy...!!! marlboroughman you con SUCK MY DICK until the sun goes down too..!

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.

Postby DrLightWind » Thu Apr 10, 2008 1:07 am

Toby wrote:because there are other styles and riding levels too!

Good to have choices!
I agree :thumb:

Toby, please send this thread to the flamer paradise :!:
Cause some of these Punks are out of line and they don't know respect.

Return to “Kitesurfing”