Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Why Bows if C-Kites rules at freestyle!

Forum for kitesurfers
BLOWN AWAY
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Why Bows if C-Kites rules at freestyle!

Postby BLOWN AWAY » Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:14 am

this is a WAKESTYLE forum. And I can't wait for the 08 Yarga!

The bar looks good too... like the oldskool c kites with no Donkeydick and a big chickenloop. The other thing about oldskool c kites was their huge steering pressure... which worked welll with pulleybars.

Wakeboarder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Progreso, Yucatán, México
Favorite Beaches: EL yaque, Coche in Margarita and Progreso in México
Style: Wakestyle-Freestyle
Gear: Naish Torch10 2008

Postby Wakeboarder » Thu Apr 10, 2008 4:15 pm

Hey DrLightWind Im agree with Tobby to, but my point its that the mayor brants should stop to try build bow kites that fells like C kites, or flat kites or what ever they whant to improove, They should let the C-kites just the way the C-kites work, and keep the bet in "the future " (bows, flats or SLE), but keep simples Old schools and stop to increase the prices !!!!, Its the same cost almost from a bow to a C but they put a lot of money in Bows!! thats the point aroun this, but some punk (marlboroughman ) miss the direccion.

By the way marlboroughman, for the first time in your live your right, kiteboarders moves are trics! not acrobatics, for sure don't fit the description, the place for acrobatics its a circus.

ADEN
Medium Poster

Postby ADEN » Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:40 pm

FUELLLLL
Last edited by ADEN on Thu Oct 09, 2008 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fredsters_s
Rare Poster
Favorite Beaches: Milos Beach, Lefkada, GR
Style: Chilled
Gear: Advance Skorpio 11m2
Advance Kaiman 10m2
Advance Kondor 14m2

Advance Omega board

Postby fredsters_s » Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:52 pm

whats up I ride a 11m Advance Skorpio c-kite and its the shit. having said that, the dude who's arguing that kiting is as hard / harder than windsurf you're chatting smack bro. How long did it take you to learn to gybe in kitesurf? couple of hours if that.... try learning it on a windsurf (planing and smoothly) in the same time....fucking impossible. It will take you at least a couple of months from starting riding to gybing imo. agree / disagree? (although kite tricks clearly look far steezier)

surfboy1968
Frequent Poster

Postby surfboy1968 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:02 pm

Wakeboarder wrote:Hey seaman, I think your worng, I dont think windsurf triks are harder to perform, I dont think that everybody cant do a megaloop like Lenten, or trow backmobe kite loops like Aron Hadlow or KGB like Kevin langeree, Plus there are only like a few tricks in windsurf. So I did Windsurf and was easyer to learn than the kite.

:o :o :o :o

Geronimo79
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Freeride
Gear: Epic Kites and Arise and Hyperflex
Brand Affiliation: Epic Kites and Arise

Postby Geronimo79 » Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:31 pm

Pff dudes.. why bows if C's are the best for freestyle... mwah.. ever seen Bas Koole (best waroo) damn hes good.
Ofcourse C kites have more advantages over a bow in freestyle (C's make freestyle easier because of the effect in the air.) BUT!!!! it still great to see those dudes make those hps and all.

But since not everybody is into freestyle.... most of us aren't that into the freestyle.
Most of us have a verry good freeride repetoire but only a few are real freestylers. yeah some can do a hp/kiteloop to backmobe (just making something up) but that is not pure for C kites.
People who like doing everything, a little bit of wave, nice rides, transitions and some nice jumps (with or without thricks) ride freeride style. maybe with a high level of freestyle in it.. but for these people a Bow/SLE will be better suited.

I don't say C kites are crap, but the only real advantage they have over SLE/BOW/DELTA/SIGMA/DELTASIGMA is they perform better in freestyle. But the group real freestylers is a lot smaller than the group that rides freeride.

It's just as with snowboarding, the ultimate extreem sport back then. only freestyle. and now there 20 different levels. freeriders, freestylers, boardercross for example. and there are millions of snowboarders now.
Kitesurfing will do the same, starts as a freestyle sport, and now the group of people that wanna ride everything is increasing. And this group has the most advantage in a SLE/BOW.

Henrikite
Rare Poster
Local Beach: La Franqui, Coussoules, Lacanau, Pere Pescador
Favorite Beaches: Lacanau, Pere Pescador
Style: Wake / Wave
Gear: Naish Cults 6,9,12 and LF Element 129

Postby Henrikite » Tue Aug 26, 2008 3:09 pm

Heres my 5 cents.

C-kites rock for wakestyle and freestyle in general but really suck if you have to ride in gusty wind. I ride in Leucate and the usual conditions are tramontana winds blowing 25kts and gusting to 40. I ride Naish Cults simply because it allows me to ride at one depower setting without having to adjust. I totally loved riding my 10m Torch in sweet thermic / frontal winds but in Leucate....you just get annoyed from being dragged around.

Not surprisingly 99% of the riders at our spots use SLE's...during the PKRA event yoiu should have seen Hadlow, Garat and co. they had 6 kites pumped up on the beach and would come in a few times a heat to change kite as the winds are that mixed up. So if you can afford a full range of C's and can be bothered to keep pumping them up...go for it.

Kite choice is definately spot dependant!

switch313
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: none i travel.
Favorite Beaches: el medano, sotovento, pounta beach greece, , portland uk, some dominican spots, anywhere flat
Style: wakestyle, power,big air sometimes
Gear: c kites
Brand Affiliation: not really

Postby switch313 » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:28 pm

yeah well under certain conditions, what is suposed to hapen when you unhook wih your hybrids and bows and then a 25-40 knt gust comes your fucked anyway so you may aswell be on a c shape.....

the goofykid
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Pere Marquette, Muskegon
Style: Freeride / Wake
Gear: Liquid Force Havocs, the Mission 138 & a surfboard
Brand Affiliation: Liquid Force

Postby the goofykid » Wed Sep 03, 2008 1:07 pm

One word: marketing

Ride what feels right to YOU...

Wakeboarder
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Progreso, Yucatán, México
Favorite Beaches: EL yaque, Coche in Margarita and Progreso in México
Style: Wakestyle-Freestyle
Gear: Naish Torch10 2008

Postby Wakeboarder » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:45 pm

Ok I do understand that out there there are a lot of diferents styles and diferents levels im not against that, Im only begging for the brands to keept the C kites as simples as they are now!!, just like Naish torch 09 Dont mess with succes!!!!!,

Return to “Kitesurfing”