Gear: 09' Slingshot Fuel 11m
09' Slingshot Lunacy 132cm
08' Liquid Force Vantage Bindings
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

09 Lunacy 132 w/ Wakeboard Bindings

Postby volatile » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:01 am

I'm waiting on a solid response from Slingshot on what bindings will work with the Lunacy 132. I am a cable wakeboarder who can't stand not having heel support. It sounds like Slingshots wakeboard bindings will work according to the some what elusive and indirect email below from slingshot.

ME: What size do you guys recommend? I hear that wakeboard bindings will only work, interms of a decent stance, on the 136cm lunacy. Is that the case?

You will have to mod the base plate of any boot to get the Lunacy race ready for boots. The 32 or 35 work well. I ride the 35 and its pretty sick and not to big, just big enough.

ME: Also are there insert for bindings on the 09 or does slingshot make kite specific bindings? Can I modify normal wakeboard boots or add something to the board to make it work?

The boots 07-09 will work on most any board with a 6inch gap. The barney plate that is the adepter for you to put on to other boards then Slingy's. Next spring we will have a flat rocker board called the Reflex and will be top notch for behind the kite. Look for further info on this boards as our 09 website pops up.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Is it me or did they not answer the question? Umn does the Lunacy have a six inch gap? Can't you just name one of the two wakeboard boots you carry?

travisjonak
Medium Poster

Re: 09 Lunacy 132 w/ Wakeboard Bindings

Postby travisjonak » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:10 am

Check out kitescoop.com those guys will set you straight on whatever you want to know about wakestyle.

travisjonak
Medium Poster

Postby travisjonak » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:13 am

Hahaha, I forgot Toby hates those guys. K-I-t-E*S+c-o-o-p=dotcom. Hey Toby we should have a discussion as to the reason for changing it to kindergarten.com. I'm sure we'd all enjoy some story time. The scoop rocks.

Megabear
Frequent Poster

Postby Megabear » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:27 am

toby got slightly pissed cause the scoopcrew changed "gay" to "toby". Hehe. :D Since he couldnt make any kind of censorship he figured up kindergarden.

He didnt answer you question. But you could buy LF escalades who have both inserts for 6inch and 8inch.

Anyways 132 is gonna feel two small probably - you dont use that size for cable either do you ? Theres a couple of production boards out there made for bindings specifically. LF concept LF influence (would love to try this) LF mission Cabrinha custom comes to my mind.

shymac
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Stevenson Point break; Sandbar HR; 3-mile; Hatch; Mosier; S.beach Newport. Timberline, Mount Hood Meadows, Whistler, Baker, Steamboat.
Favorite Beaches: SOCAL/PNW/HI/BCS/????
Style: Depends on the condition.
Gear: 2012 RPM 4.5/6/7/8/9/10/12/14

Boots/Strapless/Skim/Wakestake/Snowboard
Brand Affiliation: Free Agent

Postby shymac » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:49 am

I'm sorry i didn't answer you question the first time but i hope i did the second. I basically answer questions all the time and some times you get a bit burnt out. So i try my best to make sense but with regards to the board. Its gonna take some work to mod those boots on the deck.

Cheers,

Schey

volatile
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fort Lauderdale, Pompano, Crandon Park, Matheson Hammock
Favorite Beaches: Crandon
Style: Wake

Postby volatile » Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:06 am

Schey,

Thanks for the help man. Sorry if I dogged you with that first post! Slingshot has won me over with their support. Slingshot has come a long way. I rode some of the original gear and WOW...massive improvements over the years.The technology has frustrated the shit out of me since 2000, but now it's finally here. No excuses not to be able to throw any trick imaginable on the new gear. Most importantly I don't feel like I'm going to die by my murder/suicide leash and ghetto rigged pulley bar! I'll donate it to a museum.
But you could buy LF escalades who have both inserts for 6inch and 8inch.
Thanks! I'll look into it. Seems like it should work.
Anyways 132 is gonna feel two small probably - you dont use that size for cable either do you ?
I can appreciate a wider stance when I am wake boarding, but kiting I usually have a more narrow stance for maneuverability in the waves. I used to ride wide, but its weird in the surf. I bought the 09 lunacy 132 and the 09 fuel 11m. Most cash I have ever dropped on gear...like ever, but in 2009 its worth it.

132 sounds small, but this board is crazy wide. Wider than any wake board I have ever rode. FYI: I'm 175lbs, 5'10". I like the pop, but I don't like the swing weight of larger boards. Pop is never an issue with a C-kite and strong winds. Seems like on a small board I am less likely to catch an edge when I land lit.

I was riding the misfit 129 and it was a little too short and I got sprayed in the face half the time. It also sank on me a lot. The 135 looks like a cool light wind board, but I only go when its 20+. The Lunacy is WIDE. It has sharp rails, but still...probably too wide for the cable. Wakeboards are a completely different animal. Since I have nothing to do tomorrow I may take it for a spin at ski rixen if its open. Knowing the management... it probably is.

Thanks for the help guys,

Keith

kitenake
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pismo
Favorite Beaches: portugal spain australia
Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels

Postby kitenake » Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:49 pm

i have a 132 lunacy with the slingshot pb floyds sick setup . just have to drill 1 hole in the boots base plate. looks sick though white on white and you can duck it more with the hole you drill depending on where you drill it . good luck ill get a pic up soon.
cheers :jump:

volatile
Medium Poster

Postby volatile » Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:08 pm

I just ordered last years Liquid Force vantage bindings. They are supposed to be easy to get in and out of, super comfortable and good support. Now I just need to see how the holes line up. I'll post once I get them on the board.

http://www.boardco.com/shopexd.asp?id=12137

kitenake
Medium Poster
Local Beach: pismo
Favorite Beaches: portugal spain australia
Style: WAKE
Gear: slingy fuels

Postby kitenake » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:24 am

ahhhhhhh so sickkkkk slingy !!!!!!!! :jump:
Attachments
lunacy.jpg
lunacy.jpg (121.29 KiB) Viewed 5145 times

volatile
Medium Poster

Postby volatile » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:49 am

sweet. Funny you mention stance because you can't adjust the angle of the straps and I am used to riding super ducked. My front knee actually feels like its being twisted trying to stay in the straps with the fixed angle. Another incentive to move toward bindings.

Hey I heard yesterday that bindings will add a ton of weight to the board. I can't see it being an issue since you have to ride pretty lit anyhow. Is the weight a factor for you?
Last edited by volatile on Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Kitesurfing”