Forum for kitesurfers
MagaiVer
Rare Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Boots onshore deep water

Postby MagaiVer » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:13 pm

I''am thinking of geting boots for my board. But the problem is that in my spot the wind is always onshore and the water is deep from the shore. So, is it possible to get in boots in deep water and onshore wind? :bye:

Thanks, MagaiVer

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Re: Boots onshore deep water

Postby sijandy » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:17 am

if you have enough wind to immediately head upwind then yes... if not you'll struggle. The other way is to bodydrag out first.

Kiteskills
Rare Poster

Postby Kiteskills » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Craap! No matter the direction boots are fine. Either put 'em on on the beach and slide in or get into the water get in, ride upwind and tight 'em up

Twitch
Medium Poster

Postby Twitch » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:18 am

Hey man, I had the same issue at one spot where I live.
- very easy method I do just simply ride on the board without the boots on do a few tacks upwind then after (this is the hardest part) put your feet in the boots. If you're thinking on getting boots get a velcro pair easy in and out and waaay easier to put your feet in when you cant stand on the board in shallow water. I have laced boots so for me doing this method sometimes they are hard to get in especially when you have new boots and they haven quite broken in yet :naughty:
Once you get use to riding with boots you will find yourself starting from the beach (if its not a horrible beach) even if the wind is directly onshore starting from the beach isnt hard at all.

Return to “Kitesurfing”