Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C4 vs RPM

Postby sijandy » Thu Aug 28, 2014 5:49 pm

Been flying a combo of 09/10/11 rpm's for a few years now and thinking of moving on to C4's (probably 2012's) as i can't afford new ones, anyone got any experience of both and how they compare. I know the C4 is not a true C kite but are they better for wakestyle than the rpm's in terms of pop n slack or is there not much diff? Also how do they compare for looping? Cheers.

sijandy
Very Frequent Poster
Style: freestyle
Gear: kites and boards

Re: C4 vs RPM

Postby sijandy » Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:50 am

87 views and nothing ha... it's cos i didn't mention hydrofoils or board handles isn't it? At least the 'rock climbing harness' thread is doing ok :roll: . This forum is so shit :lol:

nikolaygadzhev77
Medium Poster

Postby nikolaygadzhev77 » Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 am

+1 i think C4 is the best kite i ever have best over naish and slingshot just buy one i have 11-8m change form park with C4 you will have great pop,good slack and don't worry for that forum my friend the are all the seem :allbegood: :allbegood:

jb+wind=40feet
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point
Mitchel's Bay
Favorite Beaches: Malpeque Bay
Style: agressive
Gear: ozone and slingshot

Postby jb+wind=40feet » Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:31 pm

I have both the rpm and c4 both in the 2012 models
12m c4 and 9m and 7m rpms
jumping performance and kitelooping - c4 much better due to flying through the loop and reaching zenith to be caught. I find the rpm has a hard time getting to the top quickly which means a loss in jumping performance.
Upwind- C4 is better
Unhooking on the c4 is wonderful- passes are made much easier= more slack than rpm
For wave riding I like the rpm better due to its drifting capabilities
Low END- I would say rpm pulls harder per size than c4
When you fly an rpm you dont feel like you are riding a c kite but on the c4 it feels like a c kite, performs like one, and without the loss in depower and the hassle of 5 lines with true c kites.
Hope this helps :D

sflinux
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Gear: Joe Blair, L41, Meyerhoffer, Rusty, Tom Wegener, & Cloud IX

Postby sflinux » Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:24 pm

If I were you, I'd buy/try a C4 for yourself before switching. I owned both and preferred the C4. The C4, though a bridled open C, still has that same solid "C" feeling in the air. The RPM felt more like a bow to me, probably because it has pullies on the front lines.

soul19
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Prov
Favorite Beaches: Prov
little current
westbay
Style: try not to drown style
Gear: Whatever I own at the time....
Brand Affiliation: hook a brother up!!!

Postby soul19 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:43 am

The C4 is a great kite that just gets better as it reaches into the higher ends of its wind range! My biggest complaint is the low end of these kites as it feels flat. Good build quality and great handling. In my area the wind can be quite fickle or just gusty and the C4 just wasn't a good fit. I switched over to Epic Judge kites and they just have better low end and feel better in the gusts. I would definitely see if you could demo the C4 and see what you think if those kites.

James

Return to “Kitesurfing”