Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses 2018

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


Foil
Rare Poster
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool, Newbrough Anglesey Wales
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosniger for the twintip.
Style: Wannabe fast foiler.
Gear: Moses T60 Carbon board,91cm and 101cm Carbon foils.
325/330 Stabs. Both fuses.
Wings- 590/550/548,
Fone bandits- 7-8-9-12 and 15mtr Breeze, 12 Ozone Reo.
Nobile twin tip,North 2018 click bars
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Foil » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:35 pm

grigorib wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:56 pm
Foil wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:12 pm
Wo hoo!
As expected my 2018 - 101 mast and 590 wing,and new fuse arrive Friday morning.
...
What's your current foil setup?
What are your expectations of 590?
All Moses gear from this year,
500 and 548 wings
330 and 325 stabs
91 mast
T60 carbon board.
I had the 101 mast from the beginning but sold it on as I clearly was not ready for it, my buddy who I sold it to,now says it's his favourite mast as the waters we sail on can get very lumpy.
I am hoping the bigger wing will give me more stability and confidence in these often rough waters, turning more slowly with more stability with greater height from the mast.
Well that the hope
And of course when the severe chop is at play then the high lift 590 wing should pop me up more often on the first power stroke, as if I miss the first kite dive the next close set wave often wacks me back like a giant fly squatter.
Flipping frustrating and very tiring, prompting language not often heard from myself.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1886
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand
Gear: Homemade 4-1
North Mono 7 & 12
RRD Obsession 9
Core XR3 12m
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Sweden

Re: Moses 2018

Postby TomW » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 pm

Hej Foil, looking forward to your real-world review. I'm considering going up to Vorace mast with 550 / 330 wings.
From what Frank is saying I don't think the 590 is going to give me anything significant. We have turbulent water and chop all over, plus sea grass. I'm 78-80 kg.
Be interesting to here your feedback, I'm still on the fence.

User avatar
Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1896
Joined: Mon Sep 23, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Portugal - Algarve - Faro

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Pedro Marcos » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:22 pm

TomW wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 pm
Hej Foil, looking forward to your real-world review. I'm considering going up to Vorace mast with 550 / 330 wings.
From what Frank is saying I don't think the 590 is going to give me anything significant. We have turbulent water and chop all over, plus sea grass. I'm 78-80 kg.
Be interesting to here your feedback, I'm still on the fence.
My progression setup for the last 4 months, recently i switched to 101 mast + 550 + 325

grigorib
Frequent Poster
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 7m/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m/15m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Best Kahoona 11.5m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Spleene Door 59, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Ghost Whisper 42"/545/328, Moses 71cm/548/325, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", Slingshot Coupe 6', Ocean Rodeo Mako 135, MBS Comp 95x
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:22 am

TomW wrote:
Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:10 pm
...
I don't think the 590 is going to give me anything significant. We have turbulent water and chop all over, plus sea grass. I'm 78-80 kg.
...
Speaking of seaweed the swept back shape of 590 compared to 550 should help

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:46 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: AXIS boards, Ozone kites, Moses hydrofoils, HB surfboards, Dynabar harness + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com
Contact:

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Frank Rosin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 am

The 590 is significantly different to 548/550.
I would almost go as far to say anyone could make good use (have fun, help to learn this or that, make more out of some conditions,...) of this wing in addition to whatever other wing is being used so far or then next to it.
What the exact benefit is can be a very personal thing, it won't be the same for anyone. It is not as simple as black or white.
Hope this makes sense to you guys? It does to me!

Cheers,
Frank
www.famousfrank.de/hydrofoil/moses/moses-2018/

Foil
Rare Poster
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool, Newbrough Anglesey Wales
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosniger for the twintip.
Style: Wannabe fast foiler.
Gear: Moses T60 Carbon board,91cm and 101cm Carbon foils.
325/330 Stabs. Both fuses.
Wings- 590/550/548,
Fone bandits- 7-8-9-12 and 15mtr Breeze, 12 Ozone Reo.
Nobile twin tip,North 2018 click bars
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Foil » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:19 am

Frank Rosin wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:07 am
The 590 is significantly different to 548/550.
I would almost go as far to say anyone could make good use (have fun, help to learn this or that, make more out of some conditions,...) of this wing in addition to whatever other wing is being used so far or then next to it.
What the exact benefit is can be a very personal thing, it won't be the same for anyone. It is not as simple as black or white.
Hope this makes sense to you guys? It does to me!

Cheers,
Frank
www.famousfrank.de/hydrofoil/moses/moses-2018/
Thanks Frank for your words of advise and opinion on the Moses gear,
It will be interesting to see If the new gear will help me along in certain conditions,I am very optimistic that it will, and I have always said you simply just can't have too much gear to play with.

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 648
Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:46 pm
Kiting since: 1998
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: AXIS boards, Ozone kites, Moses hydrofoils, HB surfboards, Dynabar harness + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com
Contact:

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Frank Rosin » Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:26 am

If you got the time to use it ;)

Cheers,
Frank
www.famousfrank.de/hydrofoil/moses/moses-2018/

Wielandt
Rare Poster
Posts: 33
Joined: Sat May 24, 2014 3:33 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: Denmark
Favorite Beaches: Holten
Farø
Style: HF,
Gear: Naish Draft, Cabrinha Apollo, Airush Ultra, Storm Voyager, Gong strutless
LFSolo
Moses HF.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby Wielandt » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm

Hi guys

Today I tried for the first time the 590 frontwing. I used it on a Fluente 93 cm mast and a 330 Stabilizer. Board T40.

I used Moses gear all the way fron 450, 425,Silente masts etc.

Normaly I ride my T40 with Vorace 101/Fluente 93 mast and frontwing 550 or 558.

It was quite windy today, 20-25 knots/LF Solo 6.5 m. Lots of 1 m wawes. The Vorace mast would probably been a better choice, but I did not bother to switch.

The 590 was a very good experience. I found it significant slower than the 558 and 550 and also much earlier foiling. Normally I need to go about 17 km/h before flying, with the 590 13-14 km/h. That means it keeps foiling with lower speed and that comes in handy if you lack a bit of speed when carving or your did not time your kite downstroke coming around.


So thumbs up for the 590 from a windy and cold Baltic.

cwood
Medium Poster
Posts: 151
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby cwood » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:46 pm

Wielandt wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:13 pm
Hi guys

Today I tried for the first time the 590 frontwing. I used it on a Fluente 93 cm mast and a 330 Stabilizer. Board T40.

I used Moses gear all the way fron 450, 425,Silente masts etc.

Normaly I ride my T40 with Vorace 101/Fluente 93 mast and frontwing 550 or 558.

It was quite windy today, 20-25 knots/LF Solo 6.5 m. Lots of 1 m wawes. The Vorace mast would probably been a better choice, but I did not bother to switch.

The 590 was a very good experience. I found it significant slower than the 558 and 550 and also much earlier foiling. Normally I need to go about 17 km/h before flying, with the 590 13-14 km/h. That means it keeps foiling with lower speed and that comes in handy if you lack a bit of speed when carving or your did not time your kite downstroke coming around.


So thumbs up for the 590 from a windy and cold Baltic.
Great info! How did the top end feel compared to the 558?

grigorib
Frequent Poster
Posts: 382
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2016 8:12 pm
Kiting since: 2009
Local Beach: Clinton Lake, IL; Lake Michigan; Tawas, MI; OBX; SPI
Gear: Kites: Slingshot Rally 7m/11m, Slingshot Turbine 9m/15m, Flysurfer Speed4 10m, Best Kahoona 11.5m, Peter Lynn Venom II ARC 16m
Boards: Spleene RIP 37, Spleene Door 59, Flysurfer Flydoor5 XL, MHL Lift 2013, Slingshot Ghost Whisper 42"/545/328, Moses 71cm/548/325, Slingshot Dwarfcraft 42", Slingshot Coupe 6', Ocean Rodeo Mako 135, MBS Comp 95x
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Moses 2018

Postby grigorib » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:05 pm

Well, "fun" is really subjective factor. I checked with Moses directly few days ago, below is the communication

Hi,
I’m looking for a kitefoil setup which will get me up onto foil at the
lowest speed and will allow riding at lowest speeds in both transitions and
regular tacks.
Would 590 wing be a better choice than 548?
Does 590 have thicker profile than 548?
Is 590 wing a “new/better 548”?
Would 633 surf setup be suitable for above purpose (with surf fuselage and
stabilizer)?

With regards,
***********

and a reply

Dear Mr. ***********
My answer is yes to all your questions
The 590 is a new, thicker and higher lift profile then the 548
Yes the 633 could work very well in low wind range


regards
**********


I waited to find lowend, early takeoff and optionally slower transition/tacks wing from Moses and I can say, girls and boys, I think I've found it.
Still I'd like to know why to buy a 548 or 550 if you have 590/558 pair?
Another question - if 590 can go as fast/stable as 558, why having 558 at all?
Last edited by grigorib on Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

cron