Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Product Debut Date & Shipping Priority Listing

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:51 pm

coleman wrote:another question, is there a limit to how many of these orders you are taking? lets say you fill 500 orders. what do you expect the lead time to be on delivery?
Hi Coleman: Thanks for your intelligent question. Well, each day varies with production as there is always an issue that pops it's head up. At the moment we have 300 near completion with another 300 shaped and prepping for lamination. We can laminate 30 boards a day. But sanding of that many varies. We can cut 50 per day but we do 10 now that we have stock on the shaped blanks.
I personally paint 50 boards per day, of various stages, primer, clear coat or painted coat or touch up/rework, not my favorite thing to do. However, there are some processes that you cannot rush no matter what, drying/curing times, logo placing, very tedious due to the special logos we use, note, no one in the industry uses this type of logo. Dealing with humans is never as easy as turning on the cutting machine and it cuts without emotions or personal issues that interfere with a workers thought pattern throughout the day.

So to answer your question conservatively. To finish 300 more boards, I require, at best, 6 weeks at leisure 9 weeks.

There is still plenty of time before the Northern Hemi warms up for late Spring.

Regards, Carafino

C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:53 pm

BraCuru wrote:Good luck to all who would decide to go for this weekly revolutionary offer.
I really hope all will go according to your sweet dreams.
I gave up after reading this topic with "details" of unknown products and unclear info.
HI BraCuru: Thanks for your reply, I have your name written down from previous posting and note that you have never been a fan of us to begin with. I hope to impress you shortly. C A R A F I N O

C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:24 pm

Mako wrote:
BraCuru wrote:Good luck to all who would decide to go for this weekly revolutionary offer.
I really hope all will go according to your sweet dreams.
I gave up after reading this topic with "details" of unknown products and unclear info.
CARAFINO 2014;

Sorry, if this is taken the wrong way by you and/or your supporters, the intent is to see and extract facts. As a result of the joy that is the internet, everyone can have an opinion, good, bad or indifferent, usually gained from research of previous behaviour.

Mr CARAFINO 2014, please state which of "YOUR TOP RIDERS" will be in MEXICO for the first round of the KITEFOIL WORLD GOLD CUP 2014 and the rest of the season? I cannot see any listed on:
http://www.internationalkiteboarding.or ... plications

Please allow consumers to understand country by country, who will be YOUR dealers, will they fully support and represent YOU, can YOU provide their contact details? We would "ALL", greatly appreciate the opportunity to experience your product. Please also confirm whether your dealers will be giving guarantees’ for replacement and repair of YOUR MANUFACTURED PRODUCT?

And, if it is not impolite to request full pictures of your new foil post 12/3/2014, will this be released HERE or ONLY ON YOUR WEBSITE.

If you are 100% behind your product, could you perhaps OFFER say a 100 day limited "Money Back Guarantee"? as it appears to be the increasing trend in online retail of product sales.

If you think people are against you, you are seriously mistaken in general. We (in general) would really appreciate a QUALITY PRODUCT from CARAFINO 2014, the options beyond "Racing*" are there for your product to excel and for YOU to articulate and demonstrate to the world, PLEASE STATE FACTS, NOW.

Racing* wise, "RESULTS" riders and gear are to a certain extent without need of explanation. What they are, is what they are, good, bad or otherwise.

and we ask for your reply?
As a very experienced manufacturer, please see this as YOUR opportunity to create a CARAFINO 2014 Renaissance.

Please take this opportunity to use your 10 years plus of your life invested to work with kiters' world wide to engage with "YOUR PRODUCT" and not fight you every step of the way.
Hello:
Thank you for your lengthy message; To have some humor with it, I could say I never give in to terrorist demands. However, in light of the great patience from all out there and the support of Kiteforum. com, hard work of myself, friends, workers and suppliers. I will debut the product as written early in this post, date provided.

Regarding racing, the kite race in Mexico is not important to me, what is important is to provide my customers their products, going to Mexico would slow that down. However, I wish all those in the event the greatest of luck and wind. If I can break a way for a cameo appearance in L V, I shall, in fact, I look forward to it, there will be some ppl I want to see.

With regard about a 100 day money back warranty, tell me what kite company provides this for you with any product on the market they make? That is equivalent to purchasing a car, driving it for 3 months and then saying, oh, I do not like it, so return some of my money. "If it is not impolite to say", I think your dreaming. That is not referred to as a sale, that is referred to as a rental/lease.

Regarding dealers, when the time comes, all that information will be out there. If I spend my time, running around doing what every body thinks I should do and wants me to do, I have no time to do what I know needs to be done.

Bottom line is get the product to the people, they will ride and decide its fate. For this to happen, I am working as diligently as possible and according to my schedule as I know it best. Thanks for your support.

Regards,
C A R A F I N O

DrLightWind
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Matheson Hammock Park Miami
Favorite Beaches: Crandon Beach, Hobbie Beach, Keys, St. Lucia, St. Marteen,
Style: Old School
Gear: Flysurfer15m and 21m Speed3 DLX
RealWind Mutant 148 X 40 and Directional 190 X 48, F-One TT 128 X35, Dereck Semi Directional 143 X 38 and 177 X 46.
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby DrLightWind » Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:38 am

Mako wrote:CARAFINO 2014;

Sorry, if this is taken the wrong way by you and/or your supporters, the intent is to see and extract facts. As a result of the joy that is the internet, everyone can have an opinion, good, bad or indifferent, usually gained from research of previous behaviour.

Mr CARAFINO 2014, please state which of "YOUR TOP RIDERS" will be in MEXICO for the first round of the KITEFOIL WORLD GOLD CUP 2014 and the rest of the season? I cannot see any listed on:
http://www.internationalkiteboarding.or ... plications

Please allow consumers to understand country by country, who will be YOUR dealers, will they fully support and represent YOU, can YOU provide their contact details? We would "ALL", greatly appreciate the opportunity to experience your product. Please also confirm whether your dealers will be giving guarantees’ for replacement and repair of YOUR MANUFACTURED PRODUCT?

And, if it is not impolite to request full pictures of your new foil post 12/3/2014, will this be released HERE or ONLY ON YOUR WEBSITE.

If you are 100% behind your product, could you perhaps OFFER say a 100 day limited "Money Back Guarantee"? as it appears to be the increasing trend in online retail of product sales.

If you think people are against you, you are seriously mistaken in general. We (in general) would really appreciate a QUALITY PRODUCT from CARAFINO 2014, the options beyond "Racing*" are there for your product to excel and for YOU to articulate and demonstrate to the world, PLEASE STATE FACTS, NOW.

Racing* wise, "RESULTS" riders and gear are to a certain extent without need of explanation. What they are, is what they are, good, bad or otherwise.

and we ask for your reply?
As a very experienced manufacturer, please see this as YOUR opportunity to create a CARAFINO 2014 Renaissance.

Please take this opportunity to use your 10 years plus of your life invested to work with kiters' world wide to engage with "YOUR PRODUCT" and not fight you every step of the way.
I guess you're sponsored from Mako Boats which are known for professionalism and best quality. :thumb:
I'm a bandwagon fan of Mako and I'm interested if you're planning a line of Hydrofoils,
for kite boarders with the above ideas soon, since I'm planning to get into foiling :?:

DrLW

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35

Postby davesails7 » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:51 am

C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote: With regard about a 100 day money back warranty, tell me what kite company provides this for you with any product on the market they make? That is equivalent to purchasing a car, driving it for 3 months and then saying, oh, I do not like it, so return some of my money. "If it is not impolite to say", I think your dreaming. That is not referred to as a sale, that is referred to as a rental/lease.
I haven't seen a 100 day money back gaurantee on kite gear, but I have seen 30 days. After a quick search, Best and Switch advertise it on their websites:
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/en-us/guarantee/
http://switchkites.com/guarantee

Also, it seems like Dimitri will send pretty much anyone an Epic kite in the mail to let people demo his equipment. You don't even have to purchase the kite first!

I can see why you wouldn't be as eager to do that for the hydrofoil boards though because of the learning curve. For the average rider who doesn't get out very often, when you include 4 or 5 days of shipping each way, that probably only leaves time for one or two good days of wind/open schedule to try the board out. If up against a 30 day deadline to decide, people might just send it back because they didn't get the hang of it. On the other hand, it does make buying a product before any reviews come out a lot less risky.

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:58 am

Carafino,

You could save yourself and a lot of potential customers who are on the fence much trouble if you got a few of these foils into the hands of some folks to demo and then write up some reviews.

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Sun Mar 09, 2014 11:52 am

coleman wrote:Carafino,

You could save yourself and a lot of potential customers who are on the fence much trouble if you got a few of these foils into the hands of some folks to demo and then write up some reviews.
and since I ordered mine last Sept/oct, I want to be first :)

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:50 pm

as long as the people reviewing them are doing so with a degree of competence and not just a fan boy that has blown a chunk of money and will say anything to ensure that they explain to the wife/girlfriend that they new chunk of carbon and glass isn't a waste of money.

in all seriousness, with the relatively small number of riders foiling to a good enough standard to actually test/review/pick the differences between products aren't we getting a little ahead of ourselves?

coleman
Very Frequent Poster

Postby coleman » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:16 am

James, how hard is it really to find a few people to ride the foil and give some feedback. I think at this point anything short of complete shit is worth a look at this price.

People are skeptical because all we are shown is some boards, which aren't difficult to make, and the place where they are produced. Not much info, images or feedback on the actual foils.

It couldn't be that hard to get something out there. But I am interested in how he rolls this out next week. I sincerely hope this is a big success.

vide
Very Frequent Poster

Postby vide » Mon Mar 10, 2014 12:22 pm

I ordered my Carafino with a group of other Aussies 6 weeks ago. Our boards are due this week... Can't wait to get them. We have our first Kite Foil Racing National Champs starting in 10 days time!

Return to “Hydrofoil”