Rare Poster
Style: Free ride
Gear: .
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Carafino Product Debut Date & Shipping Priority Listing

Postby Mako » Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:28 pm

vide wrote:I ordered my Carafino with a group of other Aussies 6 weeks ago. Our boards are due this week... Can't wait to get them. We have our first Kite Foil Racing National Champs starting in 10 days time!
I was going to put S**T on this, then realised where it was going. :thumb:

Regatta starts 22/3/14

Heres' the link to the regatta site:
http://www.rbyc.org.au/sailing/regattas ... pionships/

Can't wait :lol: :lol: :lol:

lodwik
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Sherman Island CA
La Ventana Baja Mexico
Favorite Beaches: both
Style: foiling
Gear: North kits
Carifino foil (2010 foil)
Lift foil (2013)
Zeeko foil (2013)

Postby lodwik » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Am also awaiting mine to try & compare against my lift & Zeeko .
I think this is great as the initial price will really Kick start the Foiling in a big way .
Compared to others Zeeko board & foil $3400 , new lift $2400 spot foil only $2400+,, sword $2300+
Also his warranty leave the others in the dust ,so far Lift is the only manufacturer that truly stands behind his equipment Sword /Spot/Zeeko try to Blame user error for all problems
From my experience with the first carafino I am a 100% sure this will work great for all average riders & since that will be 98% of the market , targeting those riders first & then the racers is the way to go.
The foiling community should thank Moss's giving us average riders a great price & product to start on....

SIDE not I would like to see a blog on just foil ratings , so all can see comparisons & problems/ manufacturer responses .

Rotule
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Favorite Beaches: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Gear: Core Section 4M, Section 2 6M. GTS 3 9M
Moses Onda 71 HL

Postby Rotule » Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:51 pm

lodwik wrote:Am also awaiting mine to try & compare against my lift & Zeeko .
I think this is great as the initial price will really Kick start the Foiling in a big way .
Compared to others Zeeko board & foil $3400 , new lift $2400 spot foil only $2400+,, sword $2300+
Also his warranty leave the others in the dust ,so far Lift is the only manufacturer that truly stands behind his equipment Sword /Spot/Zeeko try to Blame user error for all problems
From my experience with the first carafino I am a 100% sure this will work great for all average riders & since that will be 98% of the market , targeting those riders first & then the racers is the way to go.
The foiling community should thank Moss's giving us average riders a great price & product to start on....

SIDE not I would like to see a blog on just foil ratings , so all can see comparisons & problems/ manufacturer responses .
this is exactly what i think!

i was interested in foiling since two years but i always holded back because of the high priced toys. With this deal, I jumped in and i think it will be far good enough for me to learn on and then we'll see how it goes for the future, once i'll be experienced, i will be able to try my friends one and compare what i like more or less of each design. I'm also a maker in the heart so i should end up making my own foil and maybe even just continue to use this one because i'll love it who knows :) .

I know Mango plan to release different wing models in the future, that is a good option too to try different styles.

C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.
Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:02 pm

davesails7 wrote:
C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote: With regard about a 100 day money back warranty, tell me what kite company provides this for you with any product on the market they make? That is equivalent to purchasing a car, driving it for 3 months and then saying, oh, I do not like it, so return some of my money. "If it is not impolite to say", I think your dreaming. That is not referred to as a sale, that is referred to as a rental/lease.
I haven't seen a 100 day money back gaurantee on kite gear, but I have seen 30 days. After a quick search, Best and Switch advertise it on their websites:
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/en-us/guarantee/
http://switchkites.com/guarantee

Also, it seems like Dimitri will send pretty much anyone an Epic kite in the mail to let people demo his equipment. You don't even have to purchase the kite first!

I can see why you wouldn't be as eager to do that for the hydrofoil boards though because of the learning curve. For the average rider who doesn't get out very often, when you include 4 or 5 days of shipping each way, that probably only leaves time for one or two good days of wind/open schedule to try the board out. If up against a 30 day deadline to decide, people might just send it back because they didn't get the hang of it. On the other hand, it does make buying a product before any reviews come out a lot less risky.
Tell Dimitry I will take five kites to demo, one in each size. When he is ready to send it I will provide my address.

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:21 pm

C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote:
davesails7 wrote:
C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote: With regard about a 100 day money back warranty, tell me what kite company provides this for you with any product on the market they make? That is equivalent to purchasing a car, driving it for 3 months and then saying, oh, I do not like it, so return some of my money. "If it is not impolite to say", I think your dreaming. That is not referred to as a sale, that is referred to as a rental/lease.
I haven't seen a 100 day money back gaurantee on kite gear, but I have seen 30 days. After a quick search, Best and Switch advertise it on their websites:
http://www.bestkiteboarding.com/en-us/guarantee/
http://switchkites.com/guarantee

Also, it seems like Dimitri will send pretty much anyone an Epic kite in the mail to let people demo his equipment. You don't even have to purchase the kite first!

I can see why you wouldn't be as eager to do that for the hydrofoil boards though because of the learning curve. For the average rider who doesn't get out very often, when you include 4 or 5 days of shipping each way, that probably only leaves time for one or two good days of wind/open schedule to try the board out. If up against a 30 day deadline to decide, people might just send it back because they didn't get the hang of it. On the other hand, it does make buying a product before any reviews come out a lot less risky.
Tell Dimitry I will take five kites to demo, one in each size. When he is ready to send it I will provide my address.
Why?

C A R A F I N O 2014
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Maui and the World.
Favorite Beaches: Maui and the World.
Style: Perfect
Gear: CARAFINO AND NAISH
Brand Affiliation: CARAFINO AND NAISH

Postby C A R A F I N O 2014 » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:32 pm

HI all in the kite world of board riding:

Most of what and how I wish to reply the negative people on this forum would never pass the censorship of Kiteforum.com.

What disappoints me are those who immediately take the fun out what it is like to ride a foil. Regardless if the foil goes fast or slow, is light or heavy, etc. Carafino never created this sport and pursued this venture for the disrespect given on these forums.

I have written in the past that I have never spent one minute of my time on a forum, because they do not change my view or life. I have always made my own decisions based on my knowledge and intuition.

What is great is that people are having fun, they are doing so racing, playing with others on foils and enjoying their life. The greatest pleasure is to leave your thoughts and concerns behind on the land and you sail into the horizon. This is what a waterman life is about, or even for that matter, a weekend warrior. In our lives we have so much sh_t to deal with, manage, contemplate, access and calculate, that do we really need to add to the controlled chaos of polluting what we take pleasure in doing? Creating wars of words over brand names and brand marketing debuts?

Do I want Carafino to win races, sure I do. Do I make it my sole purpose when getting out of bed? No, We make foils to have fun, go as fast as can and if where lucky, we make some money, but we sure as heck make it fun worth.

So I want to enlighten you carnival barkers out there trying to pi_s over everyone's parade, stop, you cannot hold a man down without staying there yourself. Let everything roll out as it is suppose to and it will sort itself out.

As my grandmother says, if you do not have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Words of wisdom from those who came before our time.

C A R A F I N O

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Mar 10, 2014 4:44 pm

C A R A F I N O 2014 wrote:HI all in the kite world of board riding:

Most of what and how I wish to reply the negative people on this forum would never pass the censorship of Kiteforum.com.

What disappoints me are those who immediately take the fun out what it is like to ride a foil. Regardless if the foil goes fast or slow, is light or heavy, etc. Carafino never created this sport and pursued this venture for the disrespect given on these forums.

I have written in the past that I have never spent one minute of my time on a forum, because they do not change my view or life. I have always made my own decisions based on my knowledge and intuition.

What is great is that people are having fun, they are doing so racing, playing with others on foils and enjoying their life. The greatest pleasure is to leave your thoughts and concerns behind on the land and you sail into the horizon. This is what a waterman life is about, or even for that matter, a weekend warrior. In our lives we have so much sh_t to deal with, manage, contemplate, access and calculate, that do we really need to add to the controlled chaos of polluting what we take pleasure in doing? Creating wars of words over brand names and brand marketing debuts?

Do I want Carafino to win races, sure I do. Do I make it my sole purpose when getting out of bed? No, We make foils to have fun, go as fast as can and if where lucky, we make some money, but we sure as heck make it fun worth.

So I want to enlighten you carnival barkers out there trying to pi_s over everyone's parade, stop, you cannot hold a man down without staying there yourself. Let everything roll out as it is suppose to and it will sort itself out.

As my grandmother says, if you do not have anything nice to say, just keep it to yourself. Words of wisdom from those who came before our time.

C A R A F I N O
If that was the case Mr Mango, why do you insult so many on here with their designs?

I can go and quote you in every single one if you want me to?

Tone

Rotule
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Favorite Beaches: Plattsburgh City Beach, NY
Gear: Core Section 4M, Section 2 6M. GTS 3 9M
Moses Onda 71 HL

Postby Rotule » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:00 pm

Tone wrote:
If that was the case Mr Mango, why do you insult so many on here with their designs?

Tone
so i guess you can never stop

:roll:

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Mon Mar 10, 2014 6:02 pm

Rotule wrote:
Tone wrote:

Tone
so i guess you can never stop

:roll:
nope! :)

wdric
Frequent Poster

Postby wdric » Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:32 pm

vide wrote:I ordered my Carafino with a group of other Aussies 6 weeks ago. Our boards are due this week... Can't wait to get them. We have our first Kite Foil Racing National Champs starting in 10 days time!
Unless they ship by end of this week, I wouldnt be getting my hopes up :nono:

Return to “Hydrofoil”