Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Acadia, 3rd Ave.
Favorite Beaches: Manzanita
Gear: old junk
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Lift or Moses foil for progressing?

Postby Eltreato » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:47 am

pikovsg wrote:
Eltreato wrote:How come you are moving away from the LF2? Do you feel you outgrew it? If so, how? I ask sincerely because I'm considering it as my next foil, currently I'm running a 2015 LF Foil Fish.
Sure - I'm not moving from NF2. Love it the NF2. Very stable, decently fast and like a block of steel if you hit rocks on the bottom. That said, I feel like from the few times I rode carbon that it's even more smooth, faster and tighter when it comes to control. Basically, it feels more invisible underneath. I'm thinking of still using the NF2 in very light wind and in shallow or low tide spots with the short mast. NF2 gets planing very early, much earlier and with less force than some of the foils I tried. But for long-term, in deep water, freestyle and boosting, my guess is that much lighter carbon foil will be the way to go.
This makes sense, thank you and good luck.

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:29 am

Hi,

Here is my take on why you should get the Moses Fluente.

1) Dollar for Dollar it is the best value for money out there.

2) The construction is great. The Hybrid concept of having a Carbon Mast and Wings combined with a metal fuselage is strong and stiff.

3) Upgradability. You can mix and match masts, and wings to your hearts content. The Fluente/Vorace platform is cool as you can just add any of the wings and masts to the fuselage.

4) It's a great ride. I used the Fluente for most of the new Foiling Basics videos. It's a great freeride setup. Stable, good speed, low take off speed, good agility and pressure in turns.

The NF2 is good foil, but not really in the league of the Fluente when it comes to stability (pitch and roll) and range of speed it feels comfortable in. I always found it too "surfy" which means it never really looks in and would yaw back and forth a bit when pushing it.

--
Gunnar

tahoedirk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kings beach, CA
Favorite Beaches: All clean beaches
Style: out of control
Gear: Homemade gear
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby tahoedirk » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:09 pm

Fluente for sure!

After admiring its construction and good looks I took it for a spin the other day. I was super impressed, I nailed almost every transition I tried. The Moses did everything well except when I turned up the power to 9 or 10. Compared to the Lift it is just smooooth, The guy who let me use it said he paid 1000$ new, I think that is a great value. When I started building Foils there was nothing like that available, get one.
Dirk

Return to “Hydrofoil”