Hi rightguard,rightguard wrote:Hey Horst really like that wood and red board. Is that hand made? Is it wider at the tip, what are the dimensions? Would you change anything else?
I've been wondering if a board like this would work. Just wide enough for my back foot to fit on the board, a little wider at the front to add some volume, good amount of rocker to keep from nose diving, short as possible, with racing type stance on the straps.
I am surprised how slow it is. I'm easily doing 40km/h plus every session. Would moving to a lower aspect wing to add stability be appropriate?Horst Sergio wrote:The speed range is pretty small of about 19 - 27 km/h. The problem is that it is very difficult to handle the stability of higher speeds so you normally go a bit more than the minimum speed but not much more...
Not a Facebook gag then but it looks as unwieldy as I thought it would beronnie wrote:http://aeroandi.de/hydrofoil-ski-2007/
If you would know Aeroandi himself, you wouldn't wonder, he can make everything flying .Kamikuza wrote:Not a Facebook gag then but it looks as unwieldy as I thought it would be
Hi Horst,Horst Sergio wrote:Hi there,
just a few new words about the mono getting adult. I had the "luck" of breaking my stabi a bit when touching during start handling ... wouldn't have happened with the mono . But the advantage was that I have done therefore two sessions with each more than 25 km just on the mono. And therefore I finally broke through the final barrier to make the mono being an adult foil.
I can now switch feet in every cases and positions when flying, for sure it is still very difficult and needs concentration as it was two years ago on the normal foil but it works .
Actually my mono (setup as seen in the video) can:
- be ridden in 7 - 18 knts of wind with my 9 m² Kite, also if it is gusty and choppy
- do full flying jibes with changing foot positions also with 3 straps. (Success rate around 60% but rising fast)
- I started to try flying tacks, didn't get one without touchdown on the end but maybe also full flying in the future
- do back flips with full flying landings on one side with more than 80% and also 360 and flying tack to switch are getting easy
- not do catapults when riding to high and the wing ventilates and also the strut doesn't ventilate in cold sweat water as normal foils do
- ... oh and the window of possible courses is up to 280° wide as shown in the pic
Only problem is still that absolute speed limit is 30 km/h and normally not even faster than 26 km/h just due to lack of stability. And as minimum speed without lifting kite is around 19 km/h also the speed window is small, which makes it difficult to do wide 360 and other things.
But still waiting for the new bigger wing and hope this will significant increase speed window to both side while also being easier for foot change.
If this is the case it is possible I maybe not switch 100% to just monofoil but maybe more than 50%.
First run with constant wind but down to 6 knts
Secound run around 12 o'clock with gusts up to 18 knts maybe more
http://www.addicted-sports.com/webcam/c ... 12/01/1230
Will do a video when my jibes become cleaner
And yes, maybe next time I try to write my name when tracking
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests