Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Shoulders Forward?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Foil
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 91kg
Local Beach: New Brighton near Liverpool. Open sea with big low tide deep lagoon
and regular at Rhosneigr and Newbrough on Anglesey
Favorite Beaches: New Brighton, Rhosneigr, Fleetwood, Newbrough, Blackrock sands
lake Como (Italy) El Medano
Style: kite foiler since 2017 Ttip since 2000
Gear: My rule to gear choice is "IF IT DONT BOOST ITS NO USE"
Groove Skates 110cm 2022 editions
kraken mast systems 103k and 93k.
Kraken fuse 703k
Duotone SLS Evo's -- 11mtr/9mtr/7mtr/6mtr/ 4mtr RRD.
Duotone 2022 click bars x2,my own custom made lines fitted,
(modified lines now available for the flite99 shod duotone bars)

Bar lines made up to any length in a choice of strengths, power lines, trim lines, pigtails, leader lines, bridal lines, elasticated lines, I make and fit them all, free fit and tune service,
quick turnaround,drop me a message, find me on messenger, Colin Moore.
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Shoulders Forward?

Postby Foil » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:42 am

i keep practicing this feet together shoulders forward stance style and its getting easier,
but not easy to maintain concentration for long, and it does need focus as you are constantly on the edge of balance or wobble, its great for pointing high upwind compared to toeside on your weak side, and it feels smooth as you fly round.
I know the method i am adopting is helping me improve, i can tell my overall board handling has improved due to me pushing myself into awkward positions and balance points,
but no surprise I never managed to get into this position or achieve even one foot switch a few days ago when out on a very high sea,
large crests everywhere and crazy turbulence all conspired against me trying anything not totally dialed in.
its all good fun.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Sun Oct 07, 2018 12:43 pm

Botched a foot change today and got stuck with feet side by side... the foil started to lift and this thread and another video popped into my head so I thought "why not".

A lot easier than I thought :o up on the foil and rode the whole tack fine, then switched feet back to toeside for the gybe. Next tack, I did the feet shift on the foil.

Nice to take the strain off my hips and feet and I think it'll be handy for finally learning to change feet on the foil too.

Next up -- board rodeo :D

Jugglajon
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2003
Weight: 100 Pies
Local Beach: Holbox, or wherever I end up.
Favorite Beaches: Clee, Lytham, Holbox, Kappalady, Vella Island, Alankuda, Keros, Long Bay - Turks and Caicos, Rawai, OBX
Style: Foil, surf, freerace, ski, landboard
Gear: Axis Tray 94cm -MIA
Axis 545-MIA, 660 and 1000
Axis 96cm mast -MIA
Moses 633/483 and diy pocket board with C72 mast.
18m Slingshot Phantom
9m Core X Lite
7m Edge V8
6m HK Fury Pro
Axis 136 limited
Airush Sector V3 60
Brand Affiliation: Holbox Kiteboarding school manager

Postby Jugglajon » Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:51 pm

Never tried the water start in this position but will try. I have however really enjoyed as the others said the ease of cruise. With so little change to body position during jibes. If practiced more I feel it will add to my foiler's flab.
From 1:20 in this vid I'm practicing this move.
https://youtu.be/5Pu1_py96SY

Moving feet around is all about countering forces. If you bring back foot forward you'll need to give a little rear foot biasfirst then unweight yourself using the kite as you step forward. If not the board will nosedive as your balance moves forward.

Return to “Hydrofoil”