Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Slingshot Hoverglide Top Plate Spacing

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Slingshot Hoverglide Top Plate Spacing

Postby norcom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:33 pm

Could someone please tell me the measurements for the Slingshot Hoverglide top plate? It looks like it has 8 holes and they're 90mm apart but I can't find the other measurements. And Slingshot never replied.

Also, anyone know what the fuselage spacing is? I'm wondering if it'll bolt on to the LF fuselage.

thnx

DAnderson
Medium Poster
Local Beach: SWFL
Gear: 14.5 A Flite
8/5 A Roam
18/12 soul 11/9 av8
15/9 s3
ha725/195
ML B3
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Slingshot Hoverglide Top Plate Spacing

Postby DAnderson » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:43 pm

norcom wrote: I'm wondering if it'll bolt on to the LF fuselage.

http://americankiteboarding.com/proddet ... ool_system

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:53 pm

Thanks! Good to know that option exists.

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:21 am

norcom wrote:Could someone please tell me the measurements for the Slingshot Hoverglide top plate? It looks like it has 8 holes and they're 90mm apart but I can't find the other measurements. And Slingshot never replied.

Also, anyone know what the fuselage spacing is? I'm wondering if it'll bolt on to the LF fuselage.

thnx
I'm guessing you want to bolt it onto an LF board? The board holes are the same, so it fits.

I tried the HG on my LF Fun Foil board, but the front strap wasn't forward enough so it was hard/impossible to control the porpoising. However, now I've gotten a bit of experience on the HG and the 2017 DC -- strapless -- I've gone from feet very forward to in the middle of the strap holes. Just needs to be cruised at a higher speed than the LF, and kept away from low speed stalls where it goes nose up very aggressively.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby norcom » Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:33 am

Actually I'm interested in bolting the LF foil to the Spleene SurfDoor which has 90 x 120 holes. The Slingshot base plate has eight holes and Slingshot replied that it was 90 x 165 but they didn't mention the measurements for the inside holes. I was just thinking that instead of making a mount plate I could pick up the plate/fuselage from Slingshot as they aren't overly expensive but adding the $100 custom fueselage mount isn't worth it. I'll probably just try to fabricate an adapter plate myself.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby norcom » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:28 am

To anyone else that may be interested about the plate bolt spacing on the Hoverglide.

120 x 90, 140 x 90 and 160 x 90

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:44 am

Why not add the holes to the LF plate? If the HG can survive with 4 extra holes, why not?

The aluminum fuse is easy to find, its just something like 31mm across face hex rod. IIRC it was like $30 a meter. Mill the top flatter, drill and sink some holes, flattem the tips and you're good to go.

norcom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby norcom » Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:19 am

Kamikuza wrote:Why not add the holes to the LF plate? If the HG can survive with 4 extra holes, why not?

The aluminum fuse is easy to find, its just something like 31mm across face hex rod. IIRC it was like $30 a meter. Mill the top flatter, drill and sink some holes, flattem the tips and you're good to go.
My first thought was to just drill two extra holes in the LF plate but because of the way the plate is shaped the holes would be very close to the edge. Not sure how much it would affect the structural rigidity. Although LF new plates have U shaped holes instead of O to make attachment easier so it may not be as critical as I'm thinking it would be.

I thought about doing the fuselage mod as well. But I'm so lazy and have so many other projects that aren't getting finished. :lol: I'm already thinking of just buying the Slingshot foil and selling the LF one. Unless I try the plate mod.

Pemba
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Murrebue
Gear: Eleveight FS, Shinn Bronq
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby Pemba » Fri Dec 02, 2016 1:03 pm

norcom wrote:To anyone else that may be interested about the plate bolt spacing on the Hoverglide.

120 x 90, 140 x 90 and 160 x 90

I am interested.
I'm building a clearwater hydrofoil with old surf board. There are no holes in the plate. I might look for an upgrade in foil at some point so I'm interested in knowing spacing of other brands, Zeeko, Moses etc. so I could use the same board with a different foil.

Return to “Hydrofoil”