adri_levi
Medium Poster
Gear: Levitaz Kitefoils
Brand Affiliation: Levitaz-Teamrider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Moses Fluente vs Levitaz Elemnt Vs Ketos so light/cool

Postby adri_levi » Wed Feb 22, 2017 8:38 pm

So about the Levitaz Element. Obviously its a bit pricy compared to the Fluente, but I strongly believe that it is one of the best allrounders on the market.
You will never outgrow this Foil and manouvers are super easy to learn on it. No matter if you want to go strapeless, jump or go into the wave.
I usually ride the Bionic but I always love to go on the Element because it makes so much fun and you can just do what feels right. Furthermore you can upgrade it by changing the Frontwing to the Aspect. Then you will have the feeling of a completly new Foil ;)

Adrian

flaps1111
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Safor Beaches and Costa Blanca, Valencia /Alicante
Style: Strapless hydrofoil
Gear: Groove Skate S w679, w633. Airush Ultra v2 ,4m,5m, 6m, 9m, 12m,14m. Flyfurfer Peak5 4m, BRM 13.4
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flaps1111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:24 pm

adri_levi wrote:So about the Levitaz Element. Obviously its a bit pricy compared to the Fluente, but I strongly believe that it is one of the best allrounders on the market.
You will never outgrow this Foil and manouvers are super easy to learn on it. No matter if you want to go strapeless, jump or go into the wave.
I usually ride the Bionic but I always love to go on the Element because it makes so much fun and you can just do what feels right. Furthermore you can upgrade it by changing the Frontwing to the Aspect. Then you will have the feeling of a completly new Foil ;)

Adrian
Hi adri_levi as a team rider do you know anything about the new front wings and fuselage ?

flaps1111
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Safor Beaches and Costa Blanca, Valencia /Alicante
Style: Strapless hydrofoil
Gear: Groove Skate S w679, w633. Airush Ultra v2 ,4m,5m, 6m, 9m, 12m,14m. Flyfurfer Peak5 4m, BRM 13.4

Postby flaps1111 » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:25 pm

repost+10000

adri_levi
Medium Poster
Gear: Levitaz Kitefoils
Brand Affiliation: Levitaz-Teamrider
Been thanked: 0

Postby adri_levi » Mon Feb 27, 2017 1:30 pm

flaps1111 wrote:
adri_levi wrote:So about the Levitaz Element. Obviously its a bit pricy compared to the Fluente, but I strongly believe that it is one of the best allrounders on the market.

Adrian
Hi adri_levi as a team rider do you know anything about the new front wings and fuselage ?

there will come a new racewing and a super stable wing for strapless/freeride/wave

stevez
Frequent Poster
Style: Foil freeride and wave
Gear: BRM cloud
Stringy foil XL
Homemade board

Postby stevez » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:01 am

In spite of my suggestion to consider upgrading just the moses silente wing to the HP560, which is what I did, I find myself pondering the same choices.

The moses wing HP560 works brilliantly with the bigger kites in lower winds and flat water and is super stable in these conditions. I am less satisfied with it in the waves, which is usually in stronger winds with smaller kites, where there is not too much upward pull on offer. I find myself spending quite a bit of time only just above the stall speed of the foil where it becomes quite a bit more wobbly, and when it does stall, it is usually quite sudden. I'm basically riding it at less power and lower speeds that what it is optimised for. I think the surface area is too small for this kind of riding - it's a lot smaller than many of the freeride wings out there. I might for the meantime go back to the old FR425 wing for these situations, but by modern standards, it's quite draggy, less efficient, and also not the easiest to do transitions on. I noticed an immediate difference when I switched in the first place.

So now I'm considering options, and these three have made the list:
1. Moses fluente - great value option, will be an improvement, but may not be different enough from what I'm currently riding. And the wing options more into the wave riding spectrum are limited.
2. Levitaz - sounds like a great option, but no dedicated wave riding wing from what I've seen, but a strong commitment to the platform, and likely more options available in the future as suggested by adri_levi. Pricy, but no doubt great quality product.
3. Ketos - looks great, and probably the option I'd go for if money were no option - I'd just load up with Peter Frank's setup with all the wings for all moods and conditions! I would prefer a plate mount to the box mount to the board though.

Other options that look good:
1. The new lift foil - just not crazy about the one piece wings and fuselage.
2. Jshapes - local for me, but also the same problem.
3. Zeeko - Lots of wing options and best value if going for alloy, but I do kind of like carbon! I'm also curious about the Spitfire, but it appears to be set up for more high intensity powered waveriding. This may more a function of the specific setup and rather than the canard configuration in general - will be interesting to see if Zeeko bring out other wings with different riding characteristics.

The other thing I'm considering is building my own wing. I'd want something medium aspect, slightly larger than average, medium roll and yaw stability, good pitch stability, low foiling speed, good glide. I don't know much about this, but everyone has to start somewhere! That would be for a separate thread, but for now, are there any other good foils on the market with the good range of wing choices including ones for waveriding?

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: Moses hydrofoils, Ozone kites, Dynabar sliding hook + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, AXIS, HB ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com

Postby Frank Rosin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am

Moses Fluente combined with the new 548 wing (the wing that comes with the Easy 41 foil) could be a great option for you.
The 548 hast basically the same outline as the Fluente standard frontwing (550), but features a deeper profile that creates more lift at lower speeds.
These two wings offer quite different riding characteristics, even so the first visual impression is that they look very similar next to each other.

Cheers,
Frank
www.famousfrank.com/hydrofoil/moses

stevez
Frequent Poster
Stringy foil XL
Homemade board

Postby stevez » Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:16 am

Frank Rosin wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am
Moses Fluente combined with the new 548 wing (the wing that comes with the Easy 41 foil) could be a great option for you.
The 548 hast basically the same outline as the Fluente standard frontwing (550), but features a deeper profile that creates more lift at lower speeds.
These two wings offer quite different riding characteristics, even so the first visual impression is that they look very similar next to each other.

Cheers,
Frank
That's an option, thanks Frank, though it seems untested/unproven, and there doesn't seem to have been that much love for it so far. I'm not totally sold conceptually on a wing with the same shape, but just thicker. If you, Gunnar or BraCuru make it your go-to wing for waveriding, I'll think about it differently.

Things seem a bit adhoc / hit-or-miss with Moses, and they seem to rush things to market. The Fluente is by all accounts a big hit, but there doesn't seem to be complete consistency across their product lines.

I suppose in part I'm still a bit glum about Moses abruptly halting the Silente line and discontinuing any further support for them by not producing any additional compatible wings. I believe Moses sold a lot of Silentes over the years. It wouldn't have put them out much to produce a batch of Silente versions of their newer wings like the 550, which would have been a better fit for the average Silente user who's not lining up at the races, at least a better fit than the 560 they latterly sold it with.

If I'm going to reload completely on a new platform, which is what I'd have to do for the 548, I'd probably rather give a chance to someone else with more commitment to backward compatibility. Rant over!

Frank Rosin
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave & hydrofoil
Gear: Moses hydrofoils, Ozone kites, Dynabar sliding hook + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, AXIS, HB ....
Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com

Postby Frank Rosin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:08 am

stevez wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:16 am
Frank Rosin wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:14 am

Cheers,
Frank
That's an option, thanks Frank, though it seems untested/unproven, and there doesn't seem to have been that much love for it so far. I'm not totally sold conceptually on a wing with the same shape, but just thicker. If you, Gunnar or BraCuru make it your go-to wing for waveriding, I'll think about it differently.

Unfortunately I do not get much waveriding conditions lately, If I would then the 550 and 548 would be my two wings for the job.
I prefer faster wings in general, that is why my personal preference overall is the 550, but a lot of people are asking for slower wings and that is what the 548 has on offer.
Just because I may not pick it as my main choice does not make it a bad wing at all ;)

stevez wrote:
Things seem a bit adhoc / hit-or-miss with Moses, and they seem to rush things to market. The Fluente is by all accounts a big hit, but there doesn't seem to be complete consistency across their product lines.

This I strongly feel different about and my opinion is based on testing (and using on a daily basis) everything Moses is producing since late 2015.
I actually think all the current (and 2016) wings are awesome and sometimes myself do not know what to pick on a given day as I am keen on riding and feeling the sensation of different ones. This I rate as a very good sign.
Also the compatibility of the new platform (everything post-Silente) is amazing, all models feature the same fuselage which gives a massive number of possible wing and mast combinations and makes upgrading a dream.
This I am saying as a Moses distributor who loves to offer this as a feature to customers but at least at 50% I am speaking as a stoked rider here too (anyways this is what I base my sales portfolio decisions on mainly!).

stevez wrote:
I suppose in part I'm still a bit glum about Moses abruptly halting the Silente line and discontinuing any further support for them by not producing any additional compatible wings. I believe Moses sold a lot of Silentes over the years. It wouldn't have put them out much to produce a batch of Silente versions of their newer wings like the 550, which would have been a better fit for the average Silente user who's not lining up at the races, at least a better fit than the 560 they latterly sold it with.

If I'm going to reload completely on a new platform, which is what I'd have to do for the 548, I'd probably rather give a chance to someone else with more commitment to backward compatibility. Rant over!

I think it was a decision based on orders basically shifting completely towards the new platform when it came to market.
Moses actually kept the Silente on offer for a while but at least for my part I can say that the demand was not there anymore.
Of course it is a bummer for you, I understand that.
Maybe you do have the chance to demo the new platform and that could give you a better feeling for the whole thing. That would be my recommendation.

Cheers,
Frank
www.famousfrank.com/hydrofoil

stevez
Frequent Poster
Stringy foil XL
Homemade board

Postby stevez » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 am

Thanks Frank, for the reply.
It definitely comes across clearly that you are a stoked user as much as you are a distributor.
I hope to get to try it out some time.

Return to “Hydrofoil”