Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: its not going to happen for me

Postby Kamikuza » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:54 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
Kamikuza wrote:If you want a cheap, safe and multi-trick sport, this would be more your style...
You know what would be more your style?

This... :rollgrin: :rollgrin: :rollgrin:
Too expensive, too dangerous, only two good tricks. Dangerous and boring, what a combination.

fogmeister
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: ontario
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Flysurfer, ALPINEFOIL
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby fogmeister » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:55 am

idk but jumping 30 plus feet in 8-12kts and 40 plus in 15kts sounds fun to me!!!.......no need to go to SA unless your lookin for 70-90 feet. 60 plus feet attainable on foil in 20-30kts anywhere. And guys on woo doing it.

cheers

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 8:49 am

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
socommk23 wrote:Douche bag strikes again. Please shut up about your "tricks" and dont mention your "aggressive style" or lack of evidence for how you could "show us how its done".
Read what i wrote properly. I was talking about the challenge. And not giving up. That comes from personal experience of taking on challenges that i wanted to throw the towel in but continued until i succeeded. Then i emphasised it but saying how i was to be taking on the EXACT same challenge this year.

Walk away dude.
That's funny, you think everyone here cares about what your plans for the year are.

The OP was giving his own experience, but it looks like you went ahead and used it as an excuse to tell everyone in this room about how bad ass you are for wanting to try foilboring, which no one in here gives a shit about. And trust me, you are anything but bad ass.

And please, stay out until you have some helpful advice, instead of talking about "Me me me" all the time. Because no one cares. You're like a little cockroach that wont go away.
You might find people are sharing experiences to compare with the op's current feelings and situation. Trying to encourage the op to not give up and that itll be worth the effort. I can only talk about my experiences as i dont know about others.
However we all know about your experience.

You have none.

revhed
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: france
Gear: kites

Postby revhed » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:13 am

Arcsrule wrote:I got stuck with 2 carafino foil boards...
I bought the slingshot system
So, I quit. .
Maybe bad karma for your support for the psycho thief Manual Carabelo, carfina here during the scam! :lol:
To bad, the slingshot is one of the few US set ups that flies just fine!
:bye: Quitter!
R H

Arcsrule
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Arcsrule » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:59 am

revhed wrote:
So, I quit. .
Maybe bad karma for your support for the psycho thief Manual Carabelo, carfina here during the scam! :lol:
R H
the sad part is, I have become a quitter. I have been watching the wind blow since last summer and I have had no desire at all to go kitesurfing. I started back in 2000 and layeD out of work if there was wind. my life was on the water. now approaching 64 years old, i'm slowing down. I keep my old PL Chargers because they are virtually brand new, but my most fun is my big speed 3, 21 at 12 MPH IN BRIGHT SUN AND WARM WATER. I had the best carbon fiber surf kayak money can buy, and I've surfed it once. I bought the best whitewater kayak made last spring and I've taken it to the river twice. my body will still perform I think, but my mind is parting ways with my soul :(

LetsFlyaKite
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Aggressive
Gear: Nothing Yet
Been thanked: 0

Postby LetsFlyaKite » Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:20 am

socommk23 wrote:You might find people are sharing experiences to compare with the op's current feelings and situation. Trying to encourage the op to not give up and that itll be worth the effort. I can only talk about my experiences as i dont know about others.

You have none.
You're the one telling him to "Never give up" on foiling, when you have never even stepped foot on a foil board. Worthless advice from someone who doesn't have a clue about anything being talked about on this thread.

And you don't know me or my experience Mr Foiler

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant

Postby plummet » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:08 pm

PullStrings wrote:
plummet wrote: it is not a silver bullet, I am not as "converted" as many of the foil converts like starsky. There are limitations that the foil has for sure.
You'd be converted if you were landlocked like he is with about 7 months a year to ride
Fresh water and poor wind in general
It's his only way to get to ride more than he used to
Happy for him....good for him
Also I've been landkiting and hunting light winds riding 8-12 knots for 12years now. It's not a revaluation to be to be riding those winds.

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:01 pm

LetsFlyaKite wrote:
socommk23 wrote:You might find people are sharing experiences to compare with the op's current feelings and situation. Trying to encourage the op to not give up and that itll be worth the effort. I can only talk about my experiences as i dont know about others.

You have none.
You're the one telling him to "Never give up" on foiling, when you have never even stepped foot on a foil board. Worthless advice from someone who doesn't have a clue about anything being talked about on this thread.

And you don't know me or my experience Mr Foiler
Right. And you need to have had cancer before you can advice a cancer victim to never give up?
Yes support and advice from experienced people is extremely important. But does that devalue support from others that have had to conquer different challenges?

Wind your neck in.

Appologies to everyone else for going off topic. Appears ive sunk to his level and hes beating me with experience.

KYLakeKiter
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Local Beach: Kentucky Lake (Tennessee) Standing Rock Cove and Big Sandy
Favorite Beaches: Who needs a beach? Just give me some open water.
Style: LeeRoyyyyyy Jenkinnnnnnns!
Gear: All kites are cool !
Boards are like music. Everyone likes something different.

Postby KYLakeKiter » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Arcsrule wrote:
revhed wrote:
So, I quit. .
R H
the sad part is, I have become a quitter. I have been watching the wind blow since last summer and I have had no desire at all to go kitesurfing. I started back in 2000 and layeD out of work if there was wind. my life was on the water. now approaching 64 years old, i'm slowing down. I keep my old PL Chargers because they are virtually brand new, but my most fun is my big speed 3, 21 at 12 MPH IN BRIGHT SUN AND WARM WATER. I had the best carbon fiber surf kayak money can buy, and I've surfed it once. I bought the best whitewater kayak made last spring and I've taken it to the river twice. my body will still perform I think, but my mind is parting ways with my soul :(
Well it ain't the end of the world deciding that foiling is not for you. We all get in those ruts where we loose interest in things and feel a little lost until we figure out something else we like to do.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xn87-mcnoVc
This video is one of my favorite inspirations about someone who figures out what they want to do and make it happen. It doesn't make me want to go skating, but it does remind me how important it is to do some things just for yourself. Hope you are able to find something else that makes you content and happy. All the best.

Starsky
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Starsky » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:30 pm

Foiling to kiteboarding is almost like SUP is to surfing.

similar but different. Certainly less tricky, but still lots of fun. Not applicable in all the same places and conditions, but applicable in a lot of other spots and conditions where surfing or kiting cant be done.

Sea sweeping and foiboring will not appeal to a lot of younger people. It lacks edge. Conversely, there are lots of people to whom it will appeal, but they are daunted by the intensity of the learning curve. In the end, everyone eventually gets its. Some with more frustration than others, some with more scary moments than others, but eventually pretty much anyone can learn to foil. Now more than ever. I was glad I was only mid forties when it cam to my part of the world. I learned head first and it was daunting, but plenty of others take it a little slower. To the OP. You will likely look back on your decision to cut bait with regret. You ow yourself the gift of at least experiencing what its like to fly on a foil nice and relaxed. You have the perfect set up to do it the easiest way possible. All you have to do it sick with it.

I absolutely agree that I am stoked on foiling because of where I live and the conditions I get. It has pretty much eliminated underpowered kiting for me. I'm pretty happy with that! Means I don't have to SUP!

If I had bigger waves, more wind or shallow waters, things would be different.

Return to “Hydrofoil”