Brand Affiliation: Levitaz-Teamrider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Levitaz 2017

Postby adri_levi » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:55 pm

flaps1111 wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 5:10 pm
Hi adri_Levi,
Can you tell us the weight and top speed of the Cruizer?
For a 80 kg rider is a good option for extreme light wind or is better the Element wing?
Thank you in advance.
Hi,

weight is 3.7kg of the Cruizer and 3.4 for the Element
you can get more information about the Foils in the description on the website:
https://levitaz.com/shop/element/2017-l ... unt-96-cm/

It depends a bit on your skill and what you are looking for in a foil.
When you want to learn maneuvers and don't want to go too fast the Cruizer is definitely the better choice.

adri_levi
Medium Poster
Gear: Levitaz Kitefoils
Brand Affiliation: Levitaz-Teamrider
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

EXO

Postby adri_levi » Tue May 02, 2017 2:53 pm

The EXO - your allround foilboard for every style and condition!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKqj09A83pc

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1998
Local Beach: Flag Beach, Fuerteventura
Style: Everything
Gear: Indiana, Sailmon
Brand Affiliation: Indiana, Sailmon

Postby gmb13 » Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 pm

We received the Freeride Foils and Boards and will be reviewing them shortly.

Check out the unboxing.

https://youtu.be/Kem-scuyss0

--
Gunnar

flaps1111
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Weight: 85
Local Beach: Safor Beaches and Costa Blanca, Valencia /Alicante
Style: Strapless hydrofoil
Gear: Groove Skate S w679, w633. Airush Ultra v2 ,4m,5m, 6m, 9m, 12m,14m. Flyfurfer Peak5 4m, BRM 13.4
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby flaps1111 » Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Check out the unboxing.

--
Gunnar
Hi gmb13!

As you probably know, there is in this forum a group of people looking foward information about a big wing as "the Cruizer" so could you make us an express (written) preview of your review please?

Sorry for being pushy but a month is a lot when we are on the market :naughty: :naughty:

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gmb13 » Thu May 04, 2017 12:05 pm

flaps1111 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 8:39 pm
gmb13 wrote:
Wed May 03, 2017 6:47 pm

Check out the unboxing.

--
Gunnar
Hi gmb13!

As you probably know, there is in this forum a group of people looking foward information about a big wing as "the Cruizer" so could you make us an express (written) preview of your review please?

Sorry for being pushy but a month is a lot when we are on the market :naughty: :naughty:
I have had my first rides on it.

What would you like to know? Give me some specify questions and I will do my best to answer them.

--
Gunnar

flaps1111
Frequent Poster
Gear: Groove Skate S w679, w633. Airush Ultra v2 ,4m,5m, 6m, 9m, 12m,14m. Flyfurfer Peak5 4m, BRM 13.4

Postby flaps1111 » Thu May 04, 2017 5:20 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:05 pm

What would you like to know? Give me some specify questions and I will do my best to answer them.

--
Gunnar
Thank you so much for your help Gunnar,

The first thing I want to say as reference point is my weight and level in hydrofoil and sailing environment.

My dry weight is 80kg if we add a wetsuit 4/3, wet harness and impact vest I think I would go up 7 or 8 kg more. I am 45 years old.
Currently I am riding a Moses Silente with 425 wing in thermal winds starting at 8-9-10 knots with a LF Solo of 12m, when the wind is between 12 and 16 I use a 9 mts LEI if the wind exceeds 16-20 knots and sailing is getting complicated due to instability that my HF transmits me I change to my surfkite board that is good fun in this wind.

Regarding the experience with the hydrofoil I can do foiling turns with no foot change and surface jibes on both sides. I only sail from spring to autumn about 10 days a month in summer 20 days. This is my second season with HF so no more than 50 sessions

SO what I'm looking for in a new big wing:

First of all, to able to sail in extreme light wind at least 2 knots less than I am currently sailing let's say 6-7-8
(I will test in a few days an Airush Ultra 15 m).

Learn/do foiling jibes (later tacks) with 10 knots or more (I think it would be easier that using a medium wing I've already test a Fluente and it isn't so easy as my current foil) so I want a stable and easy HF to pogress .

Carving and jumps in light wind/ normal winds ( not in ultra light winds)

To be able to continue sailing in comfort if the wind picks up to 16 knots with the same wing.

And finally that the speed wasn't too low and too boring (according to Levitaz this wing has a top speed of 30 knots, that's a lot for such a big wing sounds good to me)
--
JL

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Thu May 04, 2017 6:46 pm

flaps1111 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 5:20 pm
Currently I am riding a Moses Silente with 425 wing in thermal winds starting at 8-9-10 knots with a LF Solo of 12m, ...
Hi, hope Gunnars experience is more close to the wings, as my test was some weeks ago and the Silente many month ...

.. but I am very sure riding the Cruiser can make you happy, may be appart from paying the price. :wink:
flaps1111 wrote:
First of all, to able to sail in extreme light wind at least 2 knots less than I am currently sailing let's say 6-7-8 [/b](I will test in a few days an Airush Ultra 15 m).
The Cruiser has everything to make you flying early in light winds, not just the size and therefore lift but also a very good performance / low drag. As the strut is the same which is also used for racing. But if you're really looking for light winds you better stay with your lovely chrono v1 with around 2,3 kg, the much heavier Airush Ultra with 3,4 kg and for sure not more power will not help you there. If you're afraid of the relaunch of the chrono may be you can find an used 12 m Flysurfer Lotus which is similar in many important points, but much much easier to relaunch. Absolute low end is not for tubes.
flaps1111 wrote:
Learn/do foiling jibes (later tacks) with 10 knots or more (I think it would be easier that using a medium wing I've already test a Fluente and it isn't so easy as my current foil) so I want a stable and easy HF to pogress .

To be able to continue sailing in comfort if the wind picks up to 16 knots with the same wing.

And finally that the speed wasn't too low and too boring (according to Levitaz this wing has a top speed of 30 knots, that's a lot for such a big wing sounds good to me)...
Haven't tried the Fluente but pretty sure Cruiser will be easier, think similar to Silente, maybe even easier. Biggest difference is, Cruiser will be able to ride a lot faster with lot less resistance, which is very important for light wind but also good for higher winds.
And slow riding speeds and a huge speed window will always make maneuvers easier. Stability in all axes is pretty good without the feeling to be jammed as on some other big wing and easy foils.
I believe these 30 knts at least for a very good and heavy rider.
I am sure this will be enough for most of us, at least for me, I have never been faster than 27 knts with my freerace foil.

flaps1111
Frequent Poster

Postby flaps1111 » Thu May 04, 2017 8:42 pm

thank you Horst Sergio for your imput :thumb:

gmb13
Very Frequent Poster

Postby gmb13 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 pm

flaps1111 wrote:
gmb13 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 12:05 pm

--
Gunnar
Thank you so much for your help Gunnar,

The first thing I want to say as reference point is my weight and level in hydrofoil and sailing environment.

My dry weight is 80kg if we add a wetsuit 4/3, wet harness and impact vest I think I would go up 7 or 8 kg more. I am 45 years old.
Currently I am riding a Moses Silente with 425 wing in thermal winds starting at 8-9-10 knots with a LF Solo of 12m, when the wind is between 12 and 16 I use a 9 mts LEI if the wind exceeds 16-20 knots and sailing is getting complicated due to instability that my HF transmits me I change to my surfkite board that is good fun in this wind.

Regarding the experience with the hydrofoil I can do foiling turns with no foot change and surface jibes on both sides. I only sail from spring to autumn about 10 days a month in summer 20 days. This is my second season with HF so no more than 50 sessions

First of all, to able to sail in extreme light wind at least 2 knots less than I am currently sailing let's say 6-7-8

And finally that the speed wasn't too low and too boring (according to Levitaz this wing has a top speed of 30 knots, that's a lot for such a big wing sounds good to me)
--
JL
Hi,

I have only been on it for a total of an hour, so this basically a first impression.

I was on my 8m Reo on 20m lines, 12-15 knots clean sideshore wind. I was using the Exo board. I weigh 85kg dry.

Yes. The Cruizer wing should do this. It gets up on the fly very quickly and can be pumped onto the fly fairly easily. It should definitely be a good light wind wing.

It is more stable in all axis than the Silente. I did have to get used to gybing it though. It was a bit less pitch resistant than what I am used to from the Fluente or Zeeko Black and White. It was however more roll resistant. So definitely a good choice for learning the gybe. Tacking takes a totally different timing compared to smaller or higher AR wings. I would not say it's really easier. But then again, learning the foiling tack never is easy anyways-

It carves great. Not quite as nice and tight as a Go Foil or the Element, but you can do the carves at very low speeds.

I can't comment on this. I have not had it overpowered yet.

I don't feel that 30 knots is realistic. I will do speed tests and let you know.

--

Gunnar

flaps1111
Frequent Poster

Postby flaps1111 » Thu May 04, 2017 11:35 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Thu May 04, 2017 11:01 pm
I don't feel that 30 knots is realistic. I will do speed tests and let you know.
--
Gunnar

Thank you so much Gunnar, I will look forward any additonal information you can give me. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Return to “Hydrofoil”