Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Preferred stance question

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
lovethepirk
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Almost air tacking on hydrofoil...
Gear: Delta Race Hydrofoil, 15m SS Turbine, 12m Switchblade, 9m Switchblade
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Preferred stance question

Postby lovethepirk » Tue May 23, 2017 3:26 am

I've spent the time to learn all my tricks and jumps both directions on the TT and pretty much don't have any preferred direction other than when I want to learn something new. What's really weird is I used to ride a skateboard goofy, but I try all my new stuff on the TT regular. Not sure if that's a product of the local wind or what :roll:

It's been an absolute bear for me to get comfortable goofy on the foil on all fronts, board positioning, water start, then riding with front foot pressure on the right foot. Are you all subject to the same feelings on your preferred direction on a TT as you are on the foil or do you lose that or have any weird tendencies that don't translate from the TT to the foil?

I almost want to grab a skateboard and see which direction I would still be best at. If I rode one regular in my youth it would have been a shit show, but I was riding sizable half pipes goofy in a previous life nicely 8)

plummet
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: EE
Favorite Beaches: NZ
Style: Terrain riding
Gear: Old wornout ozone.
Plummet hydrofoil and mutant
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Preferred stance question

Postby plummet » Tue May 23, 2017 10:58 am

Just keep riding and you will eventually forget which side is good and bad foiling too.

Return to “Hydrofoil”