Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Pansh Aurora2 19m with Zeeko Carver

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pansh Aurora2 19m with Zeeko Carver

Postby Macisback » Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:23 pm

I had my first ride with this setup (90kg) today in 8 Knots.

Absolutely love the Pansh!

However, i guess I need a 2to1 bar modification as it is too slow for jibes? Just guessing - im working on my first jibes with 9,11 and 12m Kites, today i didnt try to jibe this insane monster (static pull has gruuuunt).

But now I clearly see why low wind foiling has a huge fan base.

Was the only one on the water :-)

The Pansh flies well out of the bag. North 5liner bar, had to add 2,3m on the fifth line (2m made it a powered 5th line with just a bit too much tention (5-10cm?).

FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2007
Weight: 81 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freeride, Airstyle, Hydrofoil
Gear: Cab. Apollos, Cab. Contra One-Struts, FS Speed 4, FS Souls, Axis Ltd 132, RRD Poison 135, SS Ankle Biter, Moses 633, 679 & 590, SS Dwarfcraft 100cm, LF Galaxy 4'2"

Re: Pansh Aurora2 19m with Zeeko Carver

Postby FLandOBX » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Nice. Good to hear you like your new setup, Macisback.

I tried to speed up my Aurora II 15m with a 2:1 bar. Honestly, I can't say it's made a huge difference in turning speed. I want a few more sessions in different conditions before the final verdict, but so far I'm not sold on the 2:1 modification. I had high hopes based on others' reports, but I may ultimately go back to a standard ratio (long) bar. Both the 15m and the 19m are just big, slow kites. But still fun. :thumb:

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:20 pm

Cool. I was out yesterday with the carver wing, it really works well for its size.
Expecting 10 knots I rigged 12m cloud, then the wind dropped to 8 with lulls below that, making keeping the kite up tricky. I was amazed I could get going.
Makes me wonder about the new XXL size wings.
Don't think I'd need a 19m foil kite though - maybe a 12 would do it, but for now I stick to inflatables.

Jamie-NYC
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Fire Island, New York
Gear: Best Kahoona 13.5m, 11.5m, 9.5m - Slingshot Turbine 17m - Pansh A15 18m

Postby Jamie-NYC » Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:30 pm

I converted to 2:1 for my A15 18m. Turning speed is still slow - but depower is remarkable. For this reason alone would not go back.

cloudsfan
Rare Poster

Postby cloudsfan » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:05 pm

+1 on the Carver wing efficiency. At 80kg I can ride consistently with a PL Charger 15, which is not really known for its low end / light wind capabilities.
The Carver does allow you to start sooner and also can go really slow without dropping you down, which makes it very forgiving in many situations.
A good buy from day 1.

socommk23
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Hill head
Favorite Beaches: Brean. Uphill. Pembrey. Hill head. Meon shore
Style: Keeping the kite dry....hopefully
Gear: F.one diablo 15, 11 and 8m . Pansh aurora2 15m. Pansh sprints and firsts and Adams and flux .

Postby socommk23 » Sun Jul 30, 2017 8:06 pm

My 15m aurora2 has no 5th line. Flies great on a 4 line bar.

Macisback
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kahuna Surf House, Kiti, Larnaca
Favorite Beaches: Kahuna Surf House, Les Dauphins, Soma Bay, Prasonissi, Boracay, Tarifa, Sotavento
Style: Airstyle, Hydrofoil, Wave
Gear: Naish, North & Zeeko Kites, Flysurfer and RL Boards, Zeeko and Iero Hydrofoils

Postby Macisback » Sun Jul 30, 2017 9:11 pm

But for some reason I prefer the blue freeride wing?
Feels more like flying?
Carver is more smooth and great for lightwind.
Not that good for jumping maybe.

But I only ride a 60cm mast so far, due to shallow water.

So which Bridle settings could make the Aurora2 turn faster?

mrandrewandrade
Rare Poster
Local Beach: In Canada: Long Beach, Long Point, Turkey Point, Nickle Beach, Sauble Beach Oliphant
In France: la nautique, leucate, VN
Favorite Beaches: La nautique in France
Style: Freeride
Gear: Switch Element, Nitro and Helium

Postby mrandrewandrade » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:46 am

Curious to hear people's modifications here! I head a varied option of using a 2:1 or another standard bar. Would you still recommend getting the ready to fly option, or just get the kite and use a different bar

Regis-de-giens
Very Frequent Poster
Weight: 62 kg
Local Beach: France: St Laurent du Var, Cannes, Almanarre
Style: 62 kg , light wind, waves
Gear: Conceptair pulsion 18&15&12S, OR Flite 10m , Airush One 9&6, peak 5M , Rally 6, Elf 11 &7, 19m2 single skin proto.
foil Ketos, RCS Supreme, TBK Mana, snowskis, kite-boat

Postby Regis-de-giens » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:53 am

From my experience with pansh and 2 : 1 bar :

- i used a 2 : 1 bar on a aurora 22m : It was really helpful : improvement on turning but mainly on depower indeed
- for a aurora 15m i did not felt a 2 : 1 was useful if you use a large bar . So i have not tried 2 : 1 on the 15m.
- i aso compared 1 : 1 vs 1 : 2 on a conceptair pulsion 15m . Turning radius was improved but is already acceptabke with 1 : 1 (Including for downloop jibes on hydrofoil) so i felt that the increased bar pressure was not worth it

Lastly the efficiency of the 2 : 1 depends on the lenght of the return part of the rear line. So if you attach it just above the trim as usual practice , you need to attach the return pulleys very close to the bar (Say 10 cm max). You will loose efficiency if you zttach it above long floaters for example. That may explain some deceptions of custom modfications.

But again for a kite less than 16m i would stick to classic bar. For 19m i would test it, you can find cheap old cabrinha bars 2 : 1 before 2006 approx

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:03 pm

Hi Regis,

didn't expect, that pulley bars will come back but as I found this old "wonder bar" instructions from around 2005 I didn't want to keep this for my self.
I build several pulley bars also those transformable as on the pic when there was many discussions about new bow kites with 1:2 (what I call 200%) with to high forces and on the other side kites with 1:1 70 cm bars but still to bad turning.

As you see, you may use any gear you want for your bar you are not limited to 1:1 or 1:2 but can use all steps in between. I have used for my self a kite with 1:1,3 (133 %) for about two years. Worked great, tangles are no issues if you build it clean and 133% "just" requires 2 pulleys per side... but you need a swivel for any pulley bar. Hope it helps.
kitejunkie-wunderbar.jpg

Would be a pleasure to meet ones for an ultimative low wind ride. :wink:

Return to “Hydrofoil”