cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Moses T40 carbon to T60 Glass

Postby cwood » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:30 am

I recently switched from T40 carbon to T60 glass and was amazed at the difference in the feel of them despite very little real size difference. Same mast and wings and identical strap placement. I think the carbon really does make for a much more direct feel. The 60 feels way more "damped" and smooth and somehow less sporty even when on the wing. I think the carbon board transmits much more of the small vibrations or resonance from the foil...it just feels more alive. The 60 feels like it is isolating you from that. Less effective rocker and I think due to the slight length difference and extra weight out front I have had to move my front strap back one position to get the same balance. Board is riding on average much lower and I even submarined at speed a few times. Was just very surprised it was that different. I can't say the extra 20L of volume makes much difference when doing surface transitions.

jash999
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Re: Moses T40 carbon to T60 Glass

Postby jash999 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 7:54 am

cwood wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:30 am
I recently switched from T40 carbon to T60 glass and was amazed at the difference in the feel of them despite very little real size difference. Same mast and wings and identical strap placement. I think the carbon really does make for a much more direct feel. The 60 feels way more "damped" and smooth and somehow less sporty even when on the wing. I think the carbon board transmits much more of the small vibrations or resonance from the foil...it just feels more alive. The 60 feels like it is isolating you from that. Less effective rocker and I think due to the slight length difference and extra weight out front I have had to move my front strap back one position to get the same balance. Board is riding on average much lower and I even submarined at speed a few times. Was just very surprised it was that different. I can't say the extra 20L of volume makes much difference when doing surface transitions.
On Moses site there is a T40 (glass) but no T40 carbon. There are both T60 carbon and T60 glass. Which two boards did you compare? Also have you used (either) strapless in light winds?

baxterbradford
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Exmouth, UK
Gear: Foil, surfboard, twintip & 8-18m kites
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby baxterbradford » Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:46 pm

They used to make a T40 carbon, but stopped showing on website, coinciding with introduction of the T60.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:03 pm

baxterbradford wrote:
Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:46 pm
They used to make a T40 carbon, but stopped showing on website, coinciding with introduction of the T60.
This is correct. There is also a T60 carbon but pretty spendy and not very many produced...I didn't want to wait as I had an issue with the T40.

Return to “Hydrofoil”