Favorite Beaches: Kite Beach Maui, Playa del Carmen, Sunset Beach
Style: Strapless/Foiling
Gear: Wainman
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Naish Foiling 2018

Postby kiteboydie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:13 am

I have been learning on the ks1. Switched to a rrd 40 mast and on 3 rd hour with 130 hover board. Coming along nicely.
Last edited by kiteboydie on Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 am

aleks wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm
New Hover 130 looks very interesting. I wonder how they inserted tracks into such a thin board. Waiting for a real product reviews!!!
Thats the board I landed on. Whenever it is in, I will post a pic.

kiteboydie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Poches

Postby kiteboydie » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 pm

The board is pretty heavy and their is a metal track where the M6 nuts are held in place. Its a cool board and pretty easy to learn on for being so minimal. Tried to post pics but they do not come through?

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Thu Oct 26, 2017 5:33 pm

kiteboydie wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:55 pm
The board is pretty heavy and their is a metal track where the M6 nuts are held in place. Its a cool board and pretty easy to learn on for being so minimal. Tried to post pics but they do not come through?
Yeah I can't see any pics. Its a good looking board from the commercial pics tho. I kind of which they had set some kind of other fin box..even if it was just TT fins for it...when I think of it, it would probably just have made the board more expensive for a feature I never use..so perhaps not a good idea. I alomost got lured into getting the bigger board as the video said you could use it as a skimboard. But at the end of the day I think the 130 will be the right choice for me.

I am super excited about getting the board.

kiteboydie
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Poches

Postby kiteboydie » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:48 pm

On the Naishkites site it shows the bottom where you can see the slots where the m6 bolts/nuts connect. It is durable, I am just waiting on getting some wind above 14mph here in SoCal so I can get some more time on it. FYI the mast are interchangeable with AXIS, NAISH, RRD and who knows which others. I was able to borrow a RRD 40 to get some experience without the beating of the 90cm mast that came with it. I will be glad when I can get efficient enough to ride on a sub 9 meter kite. Looking at Naish & RRD single struts and the Board Riding Maui's also. So stoked to have something new to learn and be excited about kitesurfing again. https://www.naishkites.com/product/hover-130/

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Sat Oct 28, 2017 3:59 am

That's good info. I love it when equipment is standardized and interchangeable.
It generally means more options for us.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm

tautologies wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 4:33 am
aleks wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:44 pm
New Hover 130 looks very interesting. I wonder how they inserted tracks into such a thin board. Waiting for a real product reviews!!!
Thats the board I landed on. Whenever it is in, I will post a pic.
Taut how do you like the hover 130? I just received mine and the weight of it surprised me...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Taut how do you like the hover 130? I just received mine and the weight of it surprised me...
Did you mean it feels solid? ;-) Yeah it has some weight to it.
I like it a lot. My foundation for comparison is thin but my experience with the board has been very positive. It is large enough to bounce me up when I come down, but small enough to not be a big board. i've never had a problem with it being too small in light winds, but I have not ridden a big board (I'm not interested in a big board). I cannot feel that it is heavy when I ride it...note that I do weight quite a bit myself so that might influence it. A friend of mine that is 160lb also uses the board and likes it. I will eventually move to the 112 I think.

I use it with both the kite and large surf foil. The 2019 upgrade of the kite foil was very significant IMO, but the board is the same.

Do you have the rest of the Naish foil setup? The abracadabra system is absolutely killer.

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:05 pm

tautologies wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:35 pm
Laughingman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:24 pm
Did you mean it feels solid? ;-) Yeah it has some weight to it.
I like it a lot. My foundation for comparison is thin but my experience with the board has been very positive. It is large enough to bounce me up when I come down, but small enough to not be a big board. i've never had a problem with it being too small in light winds, but I have not ridden a big board (I'm not interested in a big board). I cannot feel that it is heavy when I ride it...note that I do weight quite a bit myself so that might influence it. A friend of mine that is 160lb also uses the board and likes it. I will eventually move to the 112 I think.

I use it with both the kite and large surf foil. The 2019 upgrade of the kite foil was very significant IMO, but the board is the same.

Do you have the rest of the Naish foil setup? The abracadabra system is absolutely killer.
No I have the LF impulse. Nice to hear you are using a larger foil with it, the other concern I had when I unpacked it was how far forward the foil mounting rails seem to be... might just look that way because the board is narrower then my old one...

tautologies
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tautologies » Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:41 pm

Laughingman wrote:
Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:05 pm
No I have the LF impulse. Nice to hear you are using a larger foil with it, the other concern I had when I unpacked it was how far forward the foil mounting rails seem to be... might just look that way because the board is narrower than my old one...
AH I have not tried it. I think the construction of the board is similar to an LF fish I had a long time ago.

On the track, I keep the foil pretty far forward. When I put the large foil on a guy told me I had to move the foil backward so I tried, but it was too far back for me.

The good thing about the abracadabra system is that it's easy to mount and very consistent on where it is mounted on the board.

Return to “Hydrofoil”