Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Mazella Holds Nerve to Clinch Victory in Tense Final Races

Postby davesails7 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:44 pm

bouclette wrote:
Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:09 am
How come the gold cup and pro tour happen at the same time? A shame the fleet is split like this.
They just published the kitefoil gold cup rankings and made me realize how few people are attending those events. After 3 events, you only had to show up to all 3 events to make it into the top 10 world rankings for the gold cup!

Hydrofoil pro tour has twice as many riders at each event and has much better coverage of the events (other than Mexico where they have limited internet connection).

I don't have the time or money to do international events, but if I did it would be the hydrofoil pro tour. Also, my foil is not IKA registered so they wouldn't let me race. I guess I would have to buy one of those widely available production foils like Mike's Lab or Banga/Enata to make sure it's fair racing :lol:

james
Very Frequent Poster
Gear: My own
Brand Affiliation: My own

Postby james » Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:26 pm

Mikes stuff has always been on a wait list....

Banga/enata, were and now are fully available

Levitaz fully available

All fully capable of winning, in fact just because Nico Parlier whoops people on the mike says more about his ability as there are lots of mikes spread around the fleets but it's the same guy at the front (when he races)

If you really want competitive across a number of riders go levitaz or Enata

davesails7
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2006
Weight: 75 kg
Local Beach: Virginia Beach
Style: Race
Gear: ML B3
R1V2 11. VMG 13, 15, 18
OR Mako 130x35
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby davesails7 » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:59 am

Yeah, they are available now, but there was a long period (>1 year) of time when no one could get either unless you were picked. Whether either foil was a magic bullet or not, people thought they were. People at the top of the fleet were not happy to be beat by a foil they could not get at any price with no ETA on when they would be available.

They followed the IKA rules. If the whole point of the IKA rules are to give a level playing field though, I don't think they achieved that. I just don't see the point of the IKA at all? The hydrofoil pro tour has no equipment limits, and it's more successful.

I agree, Levitaz has always been widely available.

Banga were for a short period of time, but then they were not for a long period of time.

Return to “Hydrofoil”