Favorite Beaches: Hatteras
Style: Freeride
Gear: 15m 04 Fuel, 13M Diesel, 9M Diesel
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Review of Slingshot H4 foil - wake foiling

Postby Kraimer » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:13 am

I think this will make a fun foil to kite with in the surf. Still playing with the AoA of the rear wing to get better front foot pressure but overall very happy with how the foil rode behind the boat. Turns better and rips almost as fast as the stock NF2 foil. At low speed I couldn't believe the turnability of this thing. Can't wait to get it behind the kite to see how it performs.

Setup:
Wakefoiler Board
35" mast
H4 Front wing
NF2 Rear wing
Stand fuselage moved all the way forward
10* AoA rear wing (using some folded duck tape) between the fuselage and rear shim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-4rAWCCLako

gl
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: Flysurfer Peak 4 8 and 11, Concept Air Smart, Water Smart, Pulsion, Firefly and Wave kites. Slingshot foil boards and foils, North Nugget
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Review of Slingshot H4 foil - wake foiling

Postby gl » Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:03 am

I have an H4 on order now. I was wondering how you stable it felt to you? In the video you looked quite comfortable and I was surprised how fast you were able to make it go without breaching. Do you know how much speed was required to get yourself up on the foil? It looked at one point that you might be able to foil without the rope on the wake.

Return to “Hydrofoil”