Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Seat harness for Hydrofoiling. Which are you using and why?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Craz Z
Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Seat harness for Hydrofoiling. Which are you using and why?

Postby Craz Z » Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:46 pm

Just updated my seat harness after 12 years. Bought the same one again. Ion echo with rope slider, previously or if you want to spend extra for the identical product was the north performer seat harness. Super comfortable does everything and you can wear it loose which no waist harness can ever do. The only down side to wearing loose is occasionally you can get pulled hard from the leg straps.

Dakine makes wonderful products harnesses are not one of them. Bought several over the years hoping for a change and its always disappointing.

I always keep coming back to the north/ion setup as its hassle free and comfortable. I keep dabbing in different harnesses and can't seem to switch over to anything else.

Windigo1
Very Frequent Poster
Style: Foil foil.. and Old School!
Gear: Too many to list

Postby Windigo1 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:04 pm

Prolimit Kite Seat Pro light, comfortable, good padding, I also have a Dakine Fusion but it's heavier and I have seen many Dakine hooks break on the water. It happened to one of my friend twice in the same year.

cnski
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby cnski » Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:52 am

I've been using the Ozone Connect Pro snowkite harness on the water with a race kite and foil. Super comfortable and light.

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm

Dakine Vega, light and comfortable. I even use it with my surf for wave sessions. Several foiling friends adopted it lately and are happy with.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm

lezo wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:11 pm
Dakine Vega, light and comfortable. I even use it with my surf for wave sessions. Several foiling friends adopted it lately and are happy with.
this. good balance of structure and weight. I recently went to the windsurf version which is identical but without leash pass on the ass...little less weight.

lezo
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2002
Weight: 80kgs
Local Beach: I have local friends at many beaches now!
Favorite Beaches: Mostly riding these days North Fuerte beaches or wavespots of the French Atlantic/North coast.
Gear: Custom wavesurf board with RRD Religions, custom foilkite with Peak5s, Ozone Edges for boosting.

Postby lezo » Tue Nov 07, 2017 2:47 pm

cwood wrote:
Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:51 pm
lezo wrote:
this. good balance of structure and weight. I recently went to the windsurf version which is identical but without leash pass on the ass...little less weight.
I also used it for the last two years without the leash pass rope, ripped off by my kite, which I was not quick enough to fully release after dropping in a 3m wave session :D The steel hook of the leash is also straight now.. :o Fortunately, nothing happened to the kite, RRD Religions are bombproof!

stephduche
Rare Poster
Local Beach: gilgo, ny
Been thanked: 0

Postby stephduche » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:47 pm

lezo wrote:
I am considering going from Ride Engine to Dakine Vega for wave riding. RE helps a lot with lower back pain, but it stills ride up. Any feedback on how the Vega behave for strapless wave riding vs a waist harness? Thks.

Icharus
Medium Poster
Gear: foil

Postby Icharus » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:44 pm

great topic - I found out I had a hiatus hernia recently and figured having a hook in my sternum wasn't the best idea - it might have added to the general irritation. SO I went with the Dakine nitrous HD shorts. as with when I tried boots to save my ankles - only to find it just made my knees hurt more ! With the shorts - it just feels that all the load is in my hips now ! I am trying to figure out how to get a sliding spreader on to them.

GCKiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Navarre Fl.
Style: Old style, waves, endless downwinders
Gear: Slingshot, Flysurfer, LF foil fish, Airush, Moses fluente

Postby GCKiter » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:49 pm

I use a Ride Engine waist harness to free up movement of your body and the kite.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:55 pm

Another vote for Dakine Vega. Super comfy, very low-profile, doesn't have the same wedgie effect my Mystic had.

I put a rope slider on it and don't think I'll likely go back to a fixed hook. I have a herniation at L5/S1 and a bulging disc at L4/L5, both of which cause neuropathy down my right leg, and the Dakine actually makes my back feel better after a session.

Return to “Hydrofoil”