Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Enata Foil reviews?

Postby TomW » Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:55 pm

Texas,

You are probably right. Race wings are designed for the racers who are supposed to win races on them. So a company has a some racers, they could be 150lb or 190 lb. Who knows.
Then they test out foils till they go fast for them. Good for racing. They probably have lightwind and high wind wings to choose from. Again, who knows, they are not talking about it.

That would mean that it's highly unlikely the wings are optimized for your weight. Only way is to test them. I bet there's a lot of foilers interested in an intermediates review of race or performance foils.

Have you tried the Alpine foils? They have a variety of wings that are supposed to be fast.

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Ozone R1V2 15m

Postby Mossy 757 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 2:13 pm

foilonfoil wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:31 pm
Nothing wrong with mass produced but there is no comparison in the build quality between mass produced and hand made.
Here, here! :cheers:

masterred
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sottomarina (Ve) North-est Italy
Favorite Beaches: Barbados
Style: Foiler
Gear: Ozone Chrono 15 v3- Ozone Enduro v2 9- Ozone Alpha 12 - Groove Boards - Hydro Board Hybrid 5.3-Hf Moses Onda 633
Brand Affiliation: Hydrofoil News
Has thanked: 0

Postby masterred » Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:22 pm

Hi I weight 242 ibs and run up with Banga. My Spot has a very light summer wind and with my sail R1v219 planes between 5 and 6 knots. Very easy very stable and very very fast. The only problem if you do not know how to do roll tacks is a bit difficult to learn with Banga. I would recommend it as logically I would also recommend Enata Ciao

Return to “Hydrofoil”