A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders

Thomas1kite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: Core kites
Brand Affiliation: None

Tarifa foil boards - worth to try?

Postby Thomas1kite » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:17 pm

Hi all. I'm planning to start competing this year at international level and getting all race equipment right now.
Next few months will be training in south of Spain and was thinking to order foil board from some local brand/shapers. Came across Tarifa foil boards in Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/tarifafoilboards/) , which looks very promising, but does anyone actually tried these boards and have some feedback? I don’t see any riders sponsored or riding this boards at international level so far.

Denis Taradin
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2010
Gear: NKB
Brunotti

Re: Tarifa foil boards - worth to try?

Postby Denis Taradin » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:28 am

Hello, Thomas.
I'm Denis Taradin one of the founders of this brand and a pro-rider.
I am also an international athlete. I finished 5th at the Europeans 2017 (Stambul) and 10th at the worlds 2017 (Oman).

We started developing this boards back at the beginning of 2017. My goal was to develope the best boards on the market primarily for me to use in the competition. However, since many riders liked the boards, we've started the commercial sale.

Currently, we have the highest quality and leading design. We will bring couple boards to the first HFPT stop in Mexico for people to see. Also if you are planning to train in the south of Spain (I assume Tarifa). You can check the boards out at the place, and possibly test them.

If you have any questions, I am happy to help. PM me on facebook https://www.facebook.com/TaradinDenis

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m

Postby TomW » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm

Those are nice looking boards!! I'd love to know details: foam density, layup. Weights and sizes.

Thomas1kite
Rare Poster
Kiting since: 2013
Gear: Core kites

Postby Thomas1kite » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:02 am

TomW wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:15 pm
Those are nice looking boards!! I'd love to know details: foam density, layup. Weights and sizes.
Not sure about exact layout, but I saw this board yesterday in Tarifa and its looks very - very solid! Planning to test it next week.

Board with tuttle box is about 2.7kg. size 142x41.
Will order one for sure! and keep u posted

Return to “Hydrofoil”