Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Moses Quality Control is ... you decide

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Re: Moses Quality Control is ... you decide

Postby norcom » Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:54 pm

gmb13 wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:58 pm

I am pretty sure I mentioned that it did not contain any carbon and was just cheap fibreglass which also was not thoroughly wetted. In all my videos I have given fair reviews. I have mentioned the good and bad points of each foil, including the Moses Foils.

Here are some pics of one of the most expensive brands on the Market that does not produce in China. Dry Fibers hanging out of the LeadingEdge of the Mast. The Mast was also way too soft.

And here some from another high end brand. All the White dots are not sand, that is filler.

A new pinholes on a base are nothing compared to this stuff.

--
Gunnar
Thanks for the pics, that’s interesting. I can only guess you do not mention the brands because you don’t want to be “that guy” and I’m “that guy” right now.

I hope the brands that made the foils you show considered that a defect and did not sell them. But I’m also guessing since you posted them, they did not. Sometimes it’s good for the consumer to know what is acceptable by a brand. Perhaps the brand should mention and show the imperfections that are practically guaranteed because they’re unable to mitigate them. A few of my surfboards state right on the board with a sticker ie: “Handmade, imperfections will be there”.

Still, when buying a premium product, I have an expectation that the manufacturer will not cut corners. Moses brands their box “THE ITALIAN FOIL”. When I think Italian, I think Ferrari, Lamborghini, fine food, good espresso and quality in general. I do not think “fill these holes in yourself because no one looks under the Ferrari”. It’s not as expensive as a Ferrari but it’s not exactly a car either. I actually thought of Moses as very high end when I chose my Slingshot Ghost Whisper. Not much is expected when the box says “THE CHINESE FOIL”. :lol:

Doesn’t matter now though. I stated my opinion and fixed the issue I had. People can make their own choices on what they consider acceptable and of my opinion. If the majority finds this is acceptable then we'll all know what to expect.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 am

Here you go. Couple of pin holes present. Rest of the surfaces were and are flawless.
20180123_212435.jpg

norcom
Very Frequent Poster
Style: waves
Gear: Too much to list these days. Currently mostly a v3 Cabo's and Spleene Zone fan

Postby norcom » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm

cwood wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 am
Here you go. Couple of pin holes present. Rest of the surfaces were and are flawless.
Thanks for following up! Definitely not flawless. I think it looks better than my short mast where all the bubbles aren't oriented around single areas, or at least they used to be. :D

Tone
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Tone » Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:59 pm

I'd say if you are unhappy, then talk with the manufacturer.

I let spotz know over the course of months that I was unhappy and concerned, had I known they were going to go belly up I would have pressed harder.

For me, yours looks fine but I can see why you are concerned.

Tony

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:09 pm

norcom wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:40 pm
cwood wrote:
Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:37 am
Thanks for following up! Definitely not flawless. I think it looks better than my short mast where all the bubbles aren't oriented around single areas, or at least they used to be. :D
I didn't say the bottom of the mast was flawless....the running surfaces that touch water are flawless. This is where it matters. The condition of the bottom of the mast surface simply does not matter provided it is structurally sound.

Horst Sergio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1999
Gear: -
Brand Affiliation: kitejunkie.com

Account abandoned

Postby Horst Sergio » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:40 pm

james wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am
... The slingshot sticker just says, we never bothered to design our own foil, we happily borrowed the design from lift for our first one and now get them fancy Italians at Moses to do our design too.. all the while we charge a premium to our customers as they think we have added something magic to someone else’s work,

It’s the same with the foil kite they have, it’s an Elf joker.
Hits the point IMHO, but not just slingshot also liquid force and others have done pretty much the same with their foilkites and foils. ... Sticker producing companies :wink: .

The bad side of being no more a complet freak corner in sport, it is all more and more about selling the shining and feeling for the brands and less about developing functional equipment. :-?

kostantin
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Sahlenburg
Favorite Beaches: Beauduc
Gear: Switch, PANSH, Fisch Kiteboards
Has thanked: 0

Postby kostantin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:38 pm

Horst Sergio wrote:
Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:40 pm
james wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:34 am
... The slingshot sticker just says, we never bothered to design our own foil, we happily borrowed the design from lift for our first one and now get them fancy Italians at Moses to do our design too.. all the while we charge a premium to our customers as they think we have added something magic to someone else’s work,

It’s the same with the foil kite they have, it’s an Elf joker.
Hits the point IMHO, but not just slingshot also liquid force and others have done pretty much the same with their foilkites and foils. ... Sticker producing companies :wink: .

The bad side of being no more a complet freak corner in sport, it is all more and more about selling the shining and feeling for the brands and less about developing functional equipment. :-?
Amen Horst !

lot's of stuff I see is :

CTRL + a
CTRL + c
CTRL + p

The above commands are old unix commands. Mark all / copy all / paste all.

Not very impressed.

tks

Kosta

Return to “Hydrofoil”