Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


jeffrydamico
Rare Poster
Posts: 3
Joined: Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:54 pm
Kiting since: 8
Local Beach: Lake McConaughy
Favorite Beaches: Lake McConaughy
South Padre
La Ventana
Prea, Brazil
Style: Free Style/Big Air, Foiling, Surf
Gear: Naish!
Brand Affiliation: Naish

Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby jeffrydamico » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:31 pm

Looking to purchase a new Foil for the 2018 season. Something for Speed, Stability, Durability & light wind use. I realize there is a compromise between all these attributes. But I'd like to hear anyones input on these 2 foils.
I am not a Pro Racer, although I like to be faster then my friends, & ride aggressively. I've ridden the 2017 Levitaz Aspect, and really like the speed. It did feel a little pitch sensitive, but It may have been the foil placement on my friends setup. I have never ridden the Slingshot Ghost Whisperer. I was told by multiple friends to consider this foil.

I tend to Foil in less then 20knots. But really like the challenge of Super Light Wind Foiling. I'm often foiling in 5-12knot winds. I do jump big sometimes too, so thats why I'd I need something well built. Please tell me your thoughts or review of either of these Foils

Cheers
Jeff
Vail, Colorado

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Kitech, Eleveight, RideEngine, Carved, Moses

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby Kitemanmuc » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm

If you are going Ghost Whisperer, get a Moses. Ghost Whisperer is last years Moses Vorace gear rebranded for Slingshot.
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry. Comes down to personal preference. If you want to hear honest feedback, Kite Hydrofoil Miami carries both brands and has tested them both extensively, you could give them a call or shoot them an email.

cnski
Medium Poster
Posts: 170
Joined: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:34 pm

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby cnski » Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:50 am

Hi Jeff. Are you using foil race kites or intend to? I’d be doing you a disservice not to recommend a Delta Hydrofoil race foil. Saw a used one for sale on ikitesurf. George makes a very fast, stable foil that works well in light wind. And as durable as a carbon foil can be. There is a Delta thread on this forum or google his website. I love mine. Made in Rhode Island by great guy with a PhD in engineering.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1443
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Contact:

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby windmaker » Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm

Kitemanmuc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry.
The 2 best in the industry????

Mossy 757
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1557
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 5:10 pm
Kiting since: 2013
Local Beach: First Landing State Park, Virginia Beach Oceanfront
Style: Kitefoil
Gear: Delta Hydrofoil and board. Cabrinha Velocity 9m, Flysurfer Sonic2 11m, Elf Joker-7 15m

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby Mossy 757 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:14 pm

cnski wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:50 am
Hi Jeff. Are you using foil race kites or intend to? I’d be doing you a disservice not to recommend a Delta Hydrofoil race foil. Saw a used one for sale on ikitesurf. George makes a very fast, stable foil that works well in light wind. And as durable as a carbon foil can be. There is a Delta thread on this forum or google his website. I love mine. Made in Rhode Island by great guy with a PhD in engineering.
2nd that opinion, I have a lightly used foil/board combo that I'm not using at the moment due to a disc injury in my low back that I'd be glad to part with, but also would direct you to his website to check out his newer models as he now makes both a race foil as well as a freeride model that's cheaper than the Ghost Whisperer. I've kited with George a few times and consider him a friend, his product is top notch and checks all the boxes you listed wanting in a foil.

deltahydrofoil.com

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Kitech, Eleveight, RideEngine, Carved, Moses

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby Kitemanmuc » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 pm

windmaker wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry.
The 2 best in the industry????
Absolutely. Sure there are faster foils, but if you look at price/quality and the ability to mix and match wings and set ups. They are the best. Not doubting Banga, Mike’s is faster. But they are one trick ponies, customer service is impossible and expensive. Delta foils are great. But again, it’s a race foil and very expensive. Spotz is great but only a race foil. That’s my rational. I don’t think you beat Moses on price/quality and Moses and Levitaz on product range or customer service. Had a guy at the beach crack his mast and 7 days later he had a new one. No questions asked. We had the same happen to a guy with an Spotz and, well, that was a year ago and they still have not replied. The size of the operation at Moses and Levitaz makes for a better product.

cwood
Frequent Poster
Posts: 387
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 7:28 pm
Kiting since: 2014
Local Beach: Cherry Beach, Toronto
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby cwood » Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:49 am

Kitemanmuc wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 pm
windmaker wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry.
The 2 best in the industry????
Absolutely. Sure there are faster foils, but if you look at price/quality and the ability to mix and match wings and set ups. They are the best. Not doubting Banga, Mike’s is faster. But they are one trick ponies, customer service is impossible and expensive. Delta foils are great. But again, it’s a race foil and very expensive. Spotz is great but only a race foil. That’s my rational. I don’t think you beat Moses on price/quality and Moses and Levitaz on product range or customer service. Had a guy at the beach crack his mast and 7 days later he had a new one. No questions asked. We had the same happen to a guy with an Spotz and, well, that was a year ago and they still have not replied. The size of the operation at Moses and Levitaz makes for a better product.
Have to agree. Although Banga, now Enata looks very solid and Enata is quite the engineering company. Spotz isn't replying because they are no longer. I have had great enjoyment from my Moses equipment and great customer support.

Kitemanmuc
Frequent Poster
Posts: 467
Joined: Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:10 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Style: Big Air, Kiteloops, Hydrofoil
Gear: Kitech, Eleveight, RideEngine, Carved, Moses

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby Kitemanmuc » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:38 am

cwood wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 3:49 am
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 pm
windmaker wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm


The 2 best in the industry????
Absolutely. Sure there are faster foils, but if you look at price/quality and the ability to mix and match wings and set ups. They are the best. Not doubting Banga, Mike’s is faster. But they are one trick ponies, customer service is impossible and expensive. Delta foils are great. But again, it’s a race foil and very expensive. Spotz is great but only a race foil. That’s my rational. I don’t think you beat Moses on price/quality and Moses and Levitaz on product range or customer service. Had a guy at the beach crack his mast and 7 days later he had a new one. No questions asked. We had the same happen to a guy with an Spotz and, well, that was a year ago and they still have not replied. The size of the operation at Moses and Levitaz makes for a better product.
Have to agree. Although Banga, now Enata looks very solid and Enata is quite the engineering company. Spotz isn't replying because they are no longer. I have had great enjoyment from my Moses equipment and great customer support.
Speaking of Enata, Parlier is their newest team rider!

Tern
Rare Poster
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2017 6:50 pm
Kiting since: 2015
Gear: Twins, Foil, Surfboards ....Parks and Edges
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby Tern » Fri Feb 02, 2018 4:50 am

Any comments on the new Lift options? I realize they are might be more on the free ride side ... but they look so good! Anyone riding them?

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1443
Joined: Sun Jun 15, 2003 8:48 am
Kiting since: 1999
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera
Contact:

Re: Levitaz Vs. Ghost Whisperer

Postby windmaker » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:54 am

Kitemanmuc wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:05 pm
windmaker wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 4:22 pm
Kitemanmuc wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:24 pm
I prefer Moses of Levitaz, better price, better foil in my honest opinion, but you are looking at the two best in the industry.
The 2 best in the industry????
Absolutely. Sure there are faster foils, but if you look at price/quality and the ability to mix and match wings and set ups. They are the best. Not doubting Banga, Mike’s is faster. But they are one trick ponies, customer service is impossible and expensive. Delta foils are great. But again, it’s a race foil and very expensive. Spotz is great but only a race foil. That’s my rational. I don’t think you beat Moses on price/quality and Moses and Levitaz on product range or customer service. Had a guy at the beach crack his mast and 7 days later he had a new one. No questions asked. We had the same happen to a guy with an Spotz and, well, that was a year ago and they still have not replied. The size of the operation at Moses and Levitaz makes for a better product.
I have been foiling since 2005 and have seen or tried a good share of foils available on the market. Ketos foils are as versatile as any of the brands you mentioned, same for Zeeko (both pioneers), and F-One who has the biggest range of all, with wings ranging from speed to SUP or windsurf on the same mast, carbon or aluminium! There are certainly others.
Most foil brands have top after sales service. Without it you don't survive. Spotz that you mentioned and Carafino are good examples.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DAnderson, Peter_Frank and 2 guests