A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 500
- Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 8:31 am
- Kiting since: 2013
- Local Beach: Belmont Shore, CA / Hood River, OR
- Favorite Beaches: Crissy Field, San Francisco, CA / Benicia, CA / Sail Bay, San Diego, CA / Hermosa Beach, CA
- Style: Kitefoil
- Gear: Current: Flysurfer Sonic 2's, Core Section V1's, MikesLab Foil, Camet Boards. Previous: AlpineFoil Carbon 5.0, Spotz Tuna/Shark, Banga
- Brand Affiliation: None
Anyone been able to pull off a tack downlooping the kite? Instead of bringing the kite over the window from 10-2 / 2-10, downloop the kite 10-12-back to 10 and beyond for a downloop. Any video?
I have been itching to try it but just wanted to see some video first.
- Frequent Poster
- Posts: 308
- Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:57 pm
- Kiting since: 1999
- Favorite Beaches: Every puddle I can find in Central Europe,
the unpopular the better
- Style: SLOW STYLE & stuntkiting
- Gear: Just MONOFOILS, no training wheels ;-)
OZONE chrono, FLYSURFER sonic², CONCEPTAIR wave
- Brand Affiliation: KITEJUNKIE.com 's prank monkey
It sounds as if you don't mean this one, with a loop on the end:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9Bien5 ... be&t=3m00s
to keep foiling, even if in this example the loop was coming to late
But a downloop before tacking, that is pulling you hard downwind ... while you try to keep momentum during upwind turn? Maybe I don't understand, but doesn't make to much sense to me or to say, sounds hard if not impossible.
So maybe do a video first, as not everything called impossible, can't be done.
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 717
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:46 pm
- Kiting since: 1998
- Style: wave & hydrofoil
- Gear: AXIS boards, Ozone kites, Moses hydrofoils, HB surfboards, Dynabar harness + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, ....
- Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com
Again not what you are talking about I assume (last maneuver in the clip):
Seems like you have to go for it and film it for us!
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests