down wind foiling

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Re: down wind foiling

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am

First point at your currently confortable downwind angle, even if thats not much downwind, then speed up, then point more downwind to kill some speed, speed up again, point more downwind,repeat. I think this is the easier way, if you want to point imediatly deep downwind you will have to carry alot of speed from the beginning.

slowboat
Very Frequent Poster
Style: wave foiling
Gear: This and that

Postby slowboat » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm

Pedro Marcos wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am
First point at your currently confortable downwind angle, even if thats not much downwind, then speed up, then point more downwind to kill some speed, speed up again, point more downwind,repeat. I think this is the easier way, if you want to point imediatly deep downwind you will have to carry alot of speed from the beginning.
Thanks, this is very helpful. So while I am doing this, what should I be doing with my kite?

Pedro Marcos
Very Frequent Poster
Has thanked: 0

Postby Pedro Marcos » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:14 pm

slowboat wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:05 pm
Pedro Marcos wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:37 am
Thanks, this is very helpful. So while I am doing this, what should I be doing with my kite?
Moving it, that will be instint, you will move it when you feel you are losing power and park it at speed. But normaly you have to move it after pointing more downwind when you are loosing speed.

Return to “Hydrofoil”