Kiting since: 0
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Convertible surf board

Postby Peter_Frank » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:03 am

Sandras wrote:
Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:38 am
Peter_Frank wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:45 pm
Maybe you can get a plate to KFBox adapter ?

I have used this excellent adapter from Zeeko, on the spitfire, to fit on all my KFBox boards :thumb:

8) PF
!!!
Looking forward to read your impression from the spitfire

Sorry, can not help you there, it was over a year ago I rode it for a couple of months, found it a bit too small/fast for my liking, and havent tried the XLW wings which are the ones used by most now I think...

But the Zeeko KFBox adapter is the coolest thing, fits every KFBox both 1 or 2 (or 3) screws :D

8) Peter

bragnouff
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 99
Local Beach: New Brighton
Gear: Alkita boards
Zeeko foil
GK Trix
Enduro9
Brand Affiliation: GK enthusiast

Postby bragnouff » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:43 pm

I have a Slash 5'4. I actually like the board better as a kite surfboard than as a foilboard. Feels really nice on a wave. My son can even surf on it. So the foil resides on another board.
I also have a Double Agent 145 deck that is pretty good as a foiling platform, although it could be a bit stiffer. Not so great in the waves without the foil, as it feels a bit more skimboardy than surfy. Totally bombproof and still pretty fun for bump and jump, or for towing behind a boat.
There's also the Zeeko PocketAir, which would be a great compromise. Also bombproof, stiff, and looks like it would be decent in small waves.

nothing2seehere
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2012
Gear: Kitesurfing and windsurfing
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby nothing2seehere » Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:17 pm

Thanks. The stubbo is similar to how your describe the Double Agent. Its fun but only if you don't compare it too closely with a real surf board. I remember the shinnster felt a little better to ride as a pure freeride board.

That's the second recommendation for the Zeeko PocketAir I have heard now so I'll probably see if I can find out a little more about it. I hear the new 2018 board is a good step forwards.

Return to “Hydrofoil”