Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Groove Skate

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders


Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition. number 3 and number 56.
101cmMoses Carbon mast
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses 2018 637 race wing and stab,
Moses wings 590 and 548
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am

salvino wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 am
Foil,

I’m like 1-2 weeks behind you. My groove skate is in the mail. I’ve just had 2 sessions on 633 using Dwarfcraft and frankly, I’m in love with the ride.

I can’t wait to try new board!

Can you elaborate on mast position for your setup please. I’m 90kg and set my 91cm mast all the way to the rear of Dwarfcraft. Whereas with the 590 wind I had it at 3cm mark. I’m riding strapless.

Thanks,
Salvatore
I will confirm later today as when I got back to my villa I moved it again, slightly more forward to find the sweet spot, and readjusted the footstraps to close them up a little so I can lock in better on toe side upwind,
The overall finish on the board is amazing, it comes with very sturdy 8mm pan head mast bolts which fit the Moses mast perfectly, and the board bag is well thought out allowing the mast to remain in place, so you can keep it protected all the time even when changing wings,
The wide flat front end of the board is just what I had hoped for to give me more room to learn step round flying gybes, I followed Gunner into his, only 20 yards behind him, same line and same speed, his was seamless smooth and fast, I just bottled it, and went round to toeside, swearing at my lack of comitment :nono:
Maybe today :naughty:

Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition. number 3 and number 56.
101cmMoses Carbon mast
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses 2018 637 race wing and stab,
Moses wings 590 and 548
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am

Foil wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am
salvino wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 am
Foil,

I’m like 1-2 weeks behind you. My groove skate is in the mail. I’ve just had 2 sessions on 633 using Dwarfcraft and frankly, I’m in love with the ride.

I can’t wait to try new board!

Can you elaborate on mast position for your setup please. I’m 90kg and set my 91cm mast all the way to the rear of Dwarfcraft. Whereas with the 590 wind I had it at 3cm mark. I’m riding strapless.

Thanks,
Salvatore
I will confirm later today as when I got back to my villa I moved it again, slightly more forward to find the sweet spot, and readjusted the footstraps to close them up a little so I can lock in better on toe side upwind,
The overall finish on the board is amazing, it comes with very sturdy 8mm pan head mast bolts which fit the Moses mast perfectly, and the board bag is well thought out allowing the mast to remain in place, so you can keep it protected all the time even when changing wings,
The wide flat front end of the board is just what I had hoped for to give me more room to learn step round flying gybes, I followed Gunnar yesterday into his flying step round gybe, only 20 yards behind him, same line and same speed, his was seamless, smooth and fast, I just bottled it, and went round to toeside, swearing at my lack of comitment :nono:
Maybe today :naughty:

Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition. number 3 and number 56.
101cmMoses Carbon mast
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses 2018 637 race wing and stab,
Moses wings 590 and 548
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foil » Thu May 10, 2018 8:50 pm

Foil wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:30 am
Foil wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 8:26 am
salvino wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 1:14 am
Foil,

I’m like 1-2 weeks behind you. My groove skate is in the mail. I’ve just had 2 sessions on 633 using Dwarfcraft and frankly, I’m in love with the ride.

I can’t wait to try new board!

Can you elaborate on mast position for your setup please. I’m 90kg and set my 91cm mast all the way to the rear of Dwarfcraft. Whereas with the 590 wind I had it at 3cm mark. I’m riding strapless.

Thanks,
Salvatore
I will confirm later today as when I got back to my villa I moved it again, slightly more forward to find the sweet spot, and readjusted the footstraps to close them up a little so I can lock in better on toe side upwind,
The overall finish on the board is amazing, it comes with very sturdy 8mm pan head mast bolts which fit the Moses mast perfectly, and the board bag is well thought out allowing the mast to remain in place, so you can keep it protected all the time even when changing wings,
The wide flat front end of the board is just what I had hoped for to give me more room to learn step round flying gybes, I followed Gunnar yesterday into his flying step round gybe, only 20 yards behind him, same line and same speed, his was seamless, smooth and fast, I just bottled it, and went round to toeside, swearing at my lack of comitment :nono:
Maybe today :naughty:
What a day!
I did find the sweet spot though, 30mm from the back of the track.
But I never got to try all my wing combinations,
a nice fella from Tenerife asked for a ride on my gear, and he said just for 10 minutes,
Blimey! He was off and was loving it, even trying aerial 360s, propper hard types, totaly airborne with nothing In the water, he needed to come in for a change of kite and I gave him my 6mtr Ozone Reo to use,
I was loving watching the mad moves he was trying, nutcase! You could see him smiling from 200 yards away.
Then the wind died, :-o
Arr-well, forecast for the next week is awesome, wind and waves, :thumb:

User avatar
Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1209
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Navene & Campagnola / Lake Garda
Capetown
Paracuru / Brazil
Le Mourne / Mauritius
Gargano
Lake Reschen / Italy
Tarifa
Style: RED
Gear: Groove Skate
Moses Onda & Fluente
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Garmisch-Pa./Bavaria

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foxi » Sun May 13, 2018 1:08 pm

Did I get the Groove owners right, that standard track position covers the required 633 set back nicely ? Thanks guys !

Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition. number 3 and number 56.
101cmMoses Carbon mast
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses 2018 637 race wing and stab,
Moses wings 590 and 548
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foil » Sun May 13, 2018 6:00 pm

Yes Foxi,
The Groove Tracks allow you to set the 633 wing in the sweet spot, with room to spare 😎

Foil
Frequent Poster
Posts: 371
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:44 pm
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Newbrighton near Liverpool
Favorite Beaches: Flag beach for the Foil, Rhosneigr for the Foil and twintip.
Style: improving foiler.
Gear: Moses T38 full carbon Ltd edition. number 3 and number 56.
101cmMoses Carbon mast
Moses- 633 wave wing and stab
Moses 2018 637 race wing and stab,
Moses wings 590 and 548
Ozone Reo 6/8/9/10/12/
Nobile 50/50 twin tip
North 2018 click bars
massive grin
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foil » Sun May 13, 2018 6:20 pm

One thing that should be factored in,
It took me 3 days to feel totally at home on my Groove Skate,
Back on my T60 tomorrow to try out the new further back mast position facilitated by the new mast tracks

User avatar
Foxi
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 1209
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2002 1:00 am
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Walchensee - the bavarian caribbean ;-)
Favorite Beaches: Navene & Campagnola / Lake Garda
Capetown
Paracuru / Brazil
Le Mourne / Mauritius
Gargano
Lake Reschen / Italy
Tarifa
Style: RED
Gear: Groove Skate
Moses Onda & Fluente
F-One Trax
North Mono & Neos
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Garmisch-Pa./Bavaria

Re: Groove Skate

Postby Foxi » Sun May 13, 2018 8:57 pm

thanks Foil 👍

User avatar
phlow
Frequent Poster
Posts: 342
Joined: Mon Mar 03, 2003 6:22 pm
Kiting since: 2002
Local Beach: Texas City Levee, Texas City Dike, El Jardin, Galveston
Gear: North Rebels, Nobile NHP, Jimmy Lewis Surf and SUP, Slingshot Alien Air, Lift NF2 Foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: Houston, TX
Contact:

Re: Groove Skate

Postby phlow » Wed May 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Good for Michele but bad for the rest of us, but I think Michele got utterly slammed with skate orders after Gunnar's video.

I was promised 15 days order to delivery on April 3 and I ordered that day (I'm in Houston TX).
He finally told me the board was finished on April 23 and I paid and would have a tracking number soon.
Still nothing a month later. I've consciously tried not to bug him, sending an email only every 3 weeks or so.

I'm not bashing the dude, I just think he probably is just dealing with cash flow and production order issues. I'm sure mine will come soon. I just want other potential purchasers to have realistic expectations if they are ordering.

User avatar
FLandOBX
Very Frequent Poster
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 1:58 am
Kiting since: 2007
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, North Carolina, USA
Central Florida, USA
Style: Freestyle and Airstyle
Gear: Liquid Force NRG, FS Speed 4 Lotus, Pansh Aurora II,
RRD Poison, Axis Ltd, RRD BS45, SS Glide, SS Ankle Biter
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Groove Skate

Postby FLandOBX » Wed May 23, 2018 11:03 pm

phlow wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 9:13 pm
Good for Michele but bad for the rest of us, but I think Michele got utterly slammed with skate orders after Gunnar's video.

I was promised 15 days order to delivery on April 3 and I ordered that day (I'm in Houston TX).
He finally told me the board was finished on April 23 and I paid and would have a tracking number soon.
Still nothing a month later. I've consciously tried not to bug him, sending an email only every 3 weeks or so.

I'm not bashing the dude, I just think he probably is just dealing with cash flow and production order issues. I'm sure mine will come soon. I just want other potential purchasers to have realistic expectations if they are ordering.
Thanks for posting, phlow. Sorry to hear about your predicament. I wouldn't be so patient. If you paid a month ago and haven't received delivery, you oughta' give him an earful on a daily basis until he makes good on his promises. Good luck.

salvino
Frequent Poster
Posts: 289
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:16 pm
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: Eastern end of Lake Erie
Favorite Beaches: Barbados
Hatteras
Lakes Erie and Ontario
Gear: Stallion SB
Moses 633,590,500 HF
Temavento board
Grooveskate board
Airush Ultra, North Neo 5,7,9
Brand Affiliation: None
Location: buffalo, ny

Re: Groove Skate

Postby salvino » Thu May 24, 2018 12:49 am

Phlox and all,

I’m in same boat and just trying to be patient. I do imagine he got swamped after that Gunnar endorsement. Kudos to Gunnar’s value (a plug for him) and grooveskate for their design innovation. I’m fine waiting and trying not to be a pest.

Plus I’ve been on Dwarfcraft 54” and beginning to get tacks. So I have enough on my plate at the moment.


Return to “Hydrofoil”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mmac and 4 guests

cron