A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 2648
- Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:43 pm
- Kiting since: 2001
- Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Habo Ljung, Lomma
- Gear: TW Surfboards 5-0
TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 120 and 135
Moses Fluente 550/590 + 330/325 and 633 set
North Mono 7, 9, 12
Ozone Reo 5
Ozone Hyperlink 9mUL, 7m
Flysurfer Sonic 2 13m
- Brand Affiliation: None
- Location: Sweden
cwood wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:37 pm
TomW wrote: ↑
Sun Jun 03, 2018 4:39 pm
- A full pad on a 120cm pocket board weighs 300g.
- They cost quite a bit of money.
- They absorb some water and capture water adding weight during ride
- Takes some time to dry ( most often in my car)
+ It helps prevent heel problems developing.
+ they protect the board
+ good for barefoot riding when travelling to warm and sandy places.
You can cut down on weight by only doing pad segments under straps.
For sure! But I am strapless and find the edges of pads trip me up. Granted I'm an intermediate, could be my skills..
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests