Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Ketos wave xl vs Moses Onda 633?

Postby Frankieboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am

BWD wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 pm
ketos 1200 can be used on kite fuselage
How? The pictures in their website show 4 holes in a parallelogram shape instead of two or three in a row, and sold with a windsurf fuselage...
There always seems to be some extra info about ketos beyond what is on their website or the French forum...
Inside scoop, rumor or wrong info??? Too mysterious!
I asked it to Ketos as I am buying one :-)
Only question is what stabile to use. Will the small be Ok or should I get a bigger one...

BWD
Very Frequent Poster

Postby BWD » Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:35 pm

That is great if they are able to fit it on normal fuselage. Good luck with it.
Last edited by BWD on Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:48 pm

Frankieboy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:31 am
BWD wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:46 pm
ketos 1200 can be used on kite fuselage
How? The pictures in their website show 4 holes in a parallelogram shape instead of two or three in a row, and sold with a windsurf fuselage...
There always seems to be some extra info about ketos beyond what is on their website or the French forum...
Inside scoop, rumor or wrong info??? Too mysterious!
I asked it to Ketos as I am buying one :-)
Only question is what stabile to use. Will the small be Ok or should I get a bigger one...

I ride with the S stabilo on the WaveXL wing mostly, occasionally with the M if the S is occupied on another (bigger wing) foil.
But also ride the WaveXL with an XS (or XXS) stabilo now and then, only around 200 cm2.

This XXS (REALLY small) gives an extremely lively fun playful hydrofoil, so great fun in lighter winds.

But it also becomes a bit twitchy and somehow too lively and you dont always get the same flow and tracking when carving, so this is why I use the S the most.

The WaveXL is 790 cm2, so if using a 1200 cm2 I would say it depends on your liking - do you like it to be twitchy and fast, or do you want it to be reasonably steady itself and for allround use (and easy) ?

If you got the S now, I would try and see how it works, and then you can get an M size (or the new Stabilo S 360-270 which seems to be about the same area as an M just lower AR, and recommended for the KF660-1200) if you feel like getting more stability.

The KF660-1200 (span-area) has an AR of 3.6 so very low and would turn fast, very similar to the Onda 633 but I dont know what the differences are in terms of profile.

8) PF

Frankieboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Frankieboy » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 pm

thanks for the info
I mostly ride the wave XL with stabile S (I have an XS but never used it yet...)
I just ordered a board with kfbox AND rails to be able to test other foils as well (onda was on my test list until I heard about the ketos 1200)
I am >115kg so 1200 will be like the wave xl for you :-)

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:35 pm

Frankieboy wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:26 pm
thanks for the info
I mostly ride the wave XL with stabile S (I have an XS but never used it yet...)
I just ordered a board with kfbox AND rails to be able to test other foils as well (onda was on my test list until I heard about the ketos 1200)
I am >115kg so 1200 will be like the wave xl for you :-)

That makes so much sense - I think the 1200 will be your "go to foil" for everything then, as you like to play around and not race :thumb:

Try with your current stabilizer, and if you feel it is too much "all over the place" (too small), you have to get a bigger one, but maybe your current suits you just perfect for max agility :naughty:

8) Peter

Return to “Hydrofoil”