Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Kurtis Goggles

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Re: Kurtis Goggles

Postby Laughingman » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:10 pm

:rollgrin:
cwood wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 5:55 pm
marekmk wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 4:48 pm
no fogging ever on the KURTIS goggles!!
ya because you can't buy them!!!

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

Postby marekmk » Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:16 pm

will we ever be able to buy them, Kurtis seems to be stonewalling us all?

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Southern Ontario
Gear: Flysurfer
Moses Hydrofoil
Brand Affiliation: Moses, Flysurfer

Postby cwood » Sat Jul 07, 2018 1:57 pm

marekmk wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 9:16 pm
will we ever be able to buy them, Kurtis seems to be stonewalling us all?
I think they are simply out of business but the ghost of the web site and their auto emailing system remains...like it still lives. I did find one variant of the site that talked of new owners and preparing new manufacturing but that site was non responsive as well.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 am

The Lip Typhoons are amazing! Really enjoyed my first wear of them...forgot I even had them on. Great recommendation.

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm

cwood wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:37 am
The Lip Typhoons are amazing! Really enjoyed my first wear of them...forgot I even had them on. Great recommendation.
What lens colors did you go with?
I've got the Kurtis from 2 years ago and they are still good, still lots of life left in them but thinking to get the Lip for the future.

Tony

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:15 pm

Tony wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:43 pm
cwood wrote:
I've got the Kurtis from 2 years ago and they are still good, still lots of life left in them but thinking to get the Lip for the future.

Tony
My kurtis were fine until the nose bridge foam fell off...then they folded in the middle and cracked...I could not find a glue that would hold the foam on.....couldn't get any answer from them on what type of glue to use....and of course, no answer on buying a new pair.

I ordered the bronze based on the recommendation that they were not too dark for varying lighting....and I can confirm this. I hate it when glasses get too dark when it gets cloudy. I also ordered the gray with blue reflective for the heavy duty sun and southern places like Cuba. Lenses are easy to swap.

Tony
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Weight: 80 kg
Local Beach: Hatteras Island, NC
Style: Foil
Gear: Delta HA Foils 1280,1050,850,700
Airush Nitros and Duotone Slicks
Appletree Jazz
Bunch of other gear I need to sell

Postby Tony » Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm

cwood wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Tony wrote:
cwood wrote:

Tony
My kurtis were fine until the nose bridge foam fell off...then they folded in the middle and cracked...I could not find a glue that would hold the foam on.....couldn't get any answer from them on what type of glue to use....and of course, no answer on buying a new pair.

I ordered the bronze based on the recommendation that they were not too dark for varying lighting....and I can confirm this. I hate it when glasses get too dark when it gets cloudy. I also ordered the gray with blue reflective for the heavy duty sun and southern places like Cuba. Lenses are easy to swap.
Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I've noticed the nose bridge on mine starting to come loose on one tip, one side. It's impossible to clean them without hitting the nose bridge and I expect it'll get worse.

Tony

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:04 pm

Tony wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:45 pm
cwood wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:15 pm
Tony wrote:

Tony

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, I've noticed the nose bridge on mine starting to come loose on one tip, one side. It's impossible to clean them without hitting the nose bridge and I expect it'll get worse.

Tony
yep...then the get folded in the middle and break. The case speeds this up because it keeps them in an arc shape. The last glue I bought to try was Lexel. I had tried different silicone, aquarium glue etc etc....no luck due to the flex.

ralu81
Medium Poster
Favorite Beaches: Sherman island, Roosevelt park- gorge, Moriah Harbor-Great Exuma Bahamas, Little Sable Point Lake Michigan, Oscoda Lake Huron, Long Beach IN Lake Michigan, Escanaba, HWY 2 U.P. Michigan, Lake St. Clair, Harsen's Island, Tawas.
Gear: Slingshot RPM
Slingshot Rally
Duotone Evo
Liquid Force DLX
Slingshot Celeritas
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby ralu81 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:50 pm

Has anyone tried a pair of spoggles? They are primarily used within chemical manufacturing plants to help prevent splatter in the eyes. So they would provide the same type of splash protection at a fraction of the cost and some brands look better than the Kurtis glasses.

cwood
Very Frequent Poster
Moses Hydrofoil

Postby cwood » Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:50 pm

ralu81 wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:50 pm
Has anyone tried a pair of spoggles? They are primarily used within chemical manufacturing plants to help prevent splatter in the eyes. So they would provide the same type of splash protection at a fraction of the cost and some brands look better than the Kurtis glasses.
https://www.uline.ca/Product/Detail/S-1 ... lsrc=aw.ds

Return to “Hydrofoil”