F-One IC6 850 and TS-51

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
dutchy
Medium Poster
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

F-One IC6 850 and TS-51

Postby dutchy » Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:48 pm

I'm looking to get a F-One IC6 850 and TS 51 as my first hydrofoil setup. Any first hand experience with them? I like the fact the IC6 850 seems to be really durable, which is why I'd like to go for the TS 51 board instead of the surfboard style too.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Re: F-One IC6 850 and TS-51

Postby windmaker » Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:25 am

dutchy
Medium Poster

Postby dutchy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:07 pm

Ended up getting this setup and have to say I am impressed by how easy this foil is to handle for a beginner. Feels well balanced and stable. The board feels durable and I do not miss the volume at all. Straight from the start the foil generates enough lift to stop you from sinking. Was up foiling both ways within the hour. Can highly recommend this setup as first foil.

windmaker
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: .
Style: Strapless surf and foil
Gear: F-One & Aeros kites/ HB surf/ Taaroa foil/ Manera

Postby windmaker » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Yes, I use it for teaching newcomers and combined with the 45cm short mast 90% of the riders are up and going from the first session. I personally own the carbon F-One Grand prix foil with the 510 speed wing but love that 850 front wing for carving and waves.

dutchy
Medium Poster

Postby dutchy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm

I've owned this setup for a while now, and I really like the foil. I't bomb proof and holds up really well after a few close encounters with the sandy bottom. The aluminium mast and fuselage seem to be well built and everything is easy to setup.

I'm not so happy with the build quality of the board though. It looks like they built this with a sandwich construction (like a TT) but I think all they did was wrap fiberglass and a printed top sheet around a piece of foam. There are no sidewalls in this board, so it is super easy to damage the thin edges of the board when handling it on land or transporting it. :angryfire:

nayy
Frequent Poster

Postby nayy » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:37 pm

dutchy wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:56 pm
I've owned this setup for a while now, and I really like the foil. I't bomb proof and holds up really well after a few close encounters with the sandy bottom. The aluminium mast and fuselage seem to be well built and everything is easy to setup.

I'm not so happy with the build quality of the board though. It looks like they built this with a sandwich construction (like a TT) but I think all they did was wrap fiberglass and a printed top sheet around a piece of foam. There are no sidewalls in this board, so it is super easy to damage the thin edges of the board when handling it on land or transporting it. :angryfire:
I also damaged the rails from my TS51 ... be carefull with the board on land... the rail is fragile...

They moved the past position to the back for the V2 model... board is much easier now...

Nayy

Return to “Hydrofoil”