Medium Poster
Local Beach: Lake Champlain
Favorite Beaches: Magdalen Island , Baja
Style: freeride
Gear: Ozone , North
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: What is considered to be a big or small Board size for hydrofoiling

Postby early bird2 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:53 am

Grigorib , this is exactly my wing , I think this is very good to begin with but I can't compare cause this is the only one I have ridden . I also have the lift board but I did not like the strap in the middle of the board nor that it does not have a mast track . The Axis ride 48 is more forgiving (for my beginner level ) and three straps is what I'm used to on my freerace boards . I thought I would gain volume but this is not the case .

Kamikuza
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Sabae Beach
Favorite Beaches: Ol' Stinky
Gear: This, that, the other

Re: What is considered to be a big or small Board size for hydrofoiling

Postby Kamikuza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 12:22 pm

early bird2 wrote:
Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:41 am
I made the mistake to get rid of my Zephyr and rely on 12 meters when I decided to get into hydrofoiling , often not realizing that most of people talking about their kites sizes are way lighter than me and with lots of experience .
I ditched all my big kites and foil kites. The biggest kite I have now is a 12m Switchblade, but the biggest I use for foiling is 10m -- if it flies, I can foil. Bottom end seems to be 6 knots in a lull, say averaging 8 knots. Today I was riding in 12 to 18 knots with the 8m Switchblade. Smaller and faster is easier to foil with than bigger and gruntier for how I like to ride.

Otherwise, what both pitbulldoug and grigorib said plus one :D

Return to “Hydrofoil”