pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: sanding foil trailing edge?

Postby pj sofine » Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:50 pm

I'm going back to my sleeveless 3/2.Cheaper to replace suit than head to quickcare! My wife ordered me a medical kit,I'm going to learn to suture in my spare time! When my windsurfer wife looked at the cuts she remarked" I knew this would happen, thought it would be much worse!"

Laughingman
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay
Favorite Beaches: Kettle Point, Mitchell's Bay, Rondeau Bay, Long Bay, Cayo Guillermo, La Ventana
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Gen6 Flites 10m, 12m Gen2 Roams 6m and 8m, Cloud D 4.8, 6.2, 8.0, 10.4
Xeon Laluz, Mako Wide 150, Jellyfish Custom surf board quad fin 6', LF Impulse Foil and Kanaha Shapes 37" board
Engine Harness with slider

Postby Laughingman » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:54 pm

pj sofine wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 1:50 pm
I'm going back to my sleeveless 3/2.Cheaper to replace suit than head to quickcare! My wife ordered me a medical kit,I'm going to learn to suture in my spare time! When my windsurfer wife looked at the cuts she remarked" I knew this would happen, thought it would be much worse!"
My wife and I learned in Cuba on vacation over Christmas, her legs were so bruised and cut I was getting nasty looks from people at other tables during meals, she had to start wearing pants when going out for meals. That when we put the front strap on and that changed everything for us. Sure we still fell on it once in a while but not near the injuries we would get from trying to water start strapless. Now 7 months later we rarely hit the mast or wings and even then it is usually just a light touch. It gets easier!

matanshapira
Medium Poster

Postby matanshapira » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 pm

There are foils that are not sharp at all(LF Rocket and Impulse for instance).
Why do you guys prefer a foil that some day when you try to learn something new will cut you?

pj sofine
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Style: silly
Gear: naish pivots 9,11, rpm 7,8,10,12 cf raptor ltd 136,140
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby pj sofine » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:41 pm

matanshapira wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:24 pm
There are foils that are not sharp at all(LF Rocket and Impulse for instance).
Why do you guys prefer a foil that some day when you try to learn something new will cut you?
I don't prefer a sharp foil,thats the way it was designed/built. I'd be happy if it was made of rubber if it still worked! I'll sand it down and take my chances,what the worst that can happen? My speed drops from slow to super slow?

Return to “Hydrofoil”