MadsK
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Northcoast, Denmark
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Storm Voyager

Postby MadsK » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:24 pm

Did anyone try the new 3-strut Voyager kites (2018/19)? I'm interested in the 11 m2, for 'free-ride' foiling in low-intermediate wind (10-15 knts).

/Mads

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Re: Storm Voyager

Postby Texaskiter » Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:02 pm

I have one session on the new 2019 V13 (13M single strut). Rode it in 8-11 knots with a Moses 637. I weigh 205 pounds. The kite feels light and nimble for a 13M. Very direct bar feel. Rides fast and great upwind; however not quite like an Ozone Edge. Jumps nicely with good float/hang time. Overall, it is a great light wind alternative to a foil kite if you don’t want to go there. I plan to trade for a session with my friend who has a 12M North Mono soon and can give a comparison of the two. But first comparison is that the V13 is half the price! My only critique is that the kite didn’t drift as well as I expected but it could be that I need to just dial in to the single strut feel a bit more.

Huib
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2015
Local Beach: Brouwersdam, Ouddorp
Style: Hydrofoil
Gear: Groove Full carbon Wave, Ketos 118cm board, Ketos Foil, BRM Cloud E8+ 6.2 +4.8+3.7+ 2.8+2.2

Postby Huib » Tue Sep 11, 2018 9:39 am

I hope this kite is far from an Ozone Edge. I am very interested in the small sizes of this kite for the foil free ride but I never have seen one here on the beach.

Texaskiter
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Texas City
Galveston
Favorite Beaches: North Shore, Oahu, Hawaii
Playa del Carmen
Style: Freeride, surf, hydrofoil, airstyle
Gear: Core, Ozone, Moses,

Postby Texaskiter » Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:45 am

It is indeed far from the Ozone Edge. I have the 13m. It is very responsive and quick turning for a larger kite. It turns way faster than my 11 m Edge for example. It does jump nicely with good float. But is definitely a freestyle/freeride kite. Lots of fun to fly and you can’t beat the price/value.

TomW
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2001
Local Beach: Vejbystrand, Lomma
Gear: TW Surfboards hydrofoil board 110
Gong Veloce M, 100cm carbon mast
Ozone Hyperlink V1 7m
Hyperlink V2 9m, 13m
Concept Air Wave 4,5m

Postby TomW » Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm

Mads,

Valter Zec over in Höganäs, Sweden at kzurf.se sells them. He's honest guy, he has a bunch of 2019 kites. Contact him.

MadsK
Rare Poster
Local Beach: Northcoast, Denmark
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Postby MadsK » Wed Sep 12, 2018 7:55 pm

TomW wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 6:40 pm
Mads,

Valter Zec over in Höganäs, Sweden at kzurf.se sells them. He's honest guy, he has a bunch of 2019 kites. Contact him.
Yep - I've been in touch with him. However, I tried a second hand 2018 11m2, and I was really not impressed. Highly unstable in the air at light wind, really low power and didn't relaunch very well. So definitely not the light wind option I was looking for. This was very surprising as a tried an older 9m2, which performed very well in light wind in most aspects. Really quick turning and very stable in the air when not flying and easy relaunch. All though still not much pull when flying the kite.
Maybe the 2019 are better, but for know, I decided on a Naish Ride, which may not be the 'ideal' light wind foil kite, but is really stable in the air, good low end to get going in light wind and reasonable turning speed/relaunch

Return to “Hydrofoil”