Gear: Stallion SB
Moses 633,590,500 HF
Temavento board
Grooveskate board
Airush Ultra, North Neo 5,7,9
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Cloud vs Reo.

Postby salvino » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:00 pm

How is the Reo as far as lift overhead as it passes through zenith?

I fly Neos coming from RRD religion as I found the Neos had that extra lift that has helped in transition maneuvers.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:26 pm

Many thanks for opinion. This is also what i think about these kites - but just think. I rode on HF smaller sizes kites than windsurfer sails on water - so minimum power but on SB you have to be powered to easy and quick upwind. Also do not want two quiver.

tomtom
Very Frequent Poster

Postby tomtom » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm

I like neos but i dont use kite lift in HF transition. Im too undepowered for that. But i suppose it is quite size dependent. 7 neo gives me hard time on SB tack as there is just zip to other side. 9 is much easier. I would like to have neos with better drift in low wind on HF and better low wind water relaunch. I would like to have also backward relaunch via pulling backlines. Neo dont give shit about pulling backlines and because high Y oposite front and back also cannot be used.

marekmk
Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 0
Local Beach: africa, new zealand, madagascar, LA, brazil prea, ect
Style: twin tip, strapless surf board, foil
Gear: this year (15) teaching & riding on f-one, Ozone, North Kites
Ocean Rodeo Duke board, Nugget board, Bomb and more
Kentos foil
Brand Affiliation: None

Postby marekmk » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:06 pm

I have owned 3 clouds, but not the last generation. I have 3 reo.

always expected more of the clouds, and they were never delivered by the cloud on line buzz.
all three had a very narrow wind range. if I was in that narrow range very sweet to deal with and
moments of magic. defiantly not great in gusty unpredictable winds.

reo large wind range, size for size quicker turning, not such a on off feeling as with the clouds
quicker to relaunch. amazing in the gusts...................

omg
Frequent Poster

Postby omg » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:33 pm

tomtom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:36 pm
I like neos but i dont use kite lift in HF transition. Im too undepowered for that. But i suppose it is quite size dependent. 7 neo gives me hard time on SB tack as there is just zip to other side. 9 is much easier. I would like to have neos with better drift in low wind on HF and better low wind water relaunch. I would like to have also backward relaunch via pulling backlines. Neo dont give shit about pulling backlines and because high Y oposite front and back also cannot be used.
If you get the kite close to zenith, Neos will give you lift to support feet switch. I've done this in winds when the kite drops from the sky, so around just below 4ms. It's about technique. If you have clickbar, you can use the Neos with very low V; I have taken the front line splitter off completely, and they ride ok; at least the 8 and 10m sizes 2016 and 2017s... But the reality is that Neos are a bit on the heavy side, so they are not the perfect kites for marginal winds foiling.

Return to “Hydrofoil”