A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
- Rare Poster
- Posts: 14
- Joined: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:03 pm
- Kiting since: 2011
- Gear: trying to keep it simple
- Brand Affiliation: None
anybody an idea how short i can go with line lenght on lei kite for hydrofoiling? want the most reactive and quick turning kite possible. kite sizes are 12/9/7 - will use the bar on all of the kites in my range. are 16m lines realistic to use on my range? are there big disadvantages of shorter lines?
- Very Frequent Poster
- Posts: 787
- Joined: Tue Apr 27, 2004 12:46 pm
- Kiting since: 1998
- Style: wave & hydrofoil
- Gear: Moses hydrofoils, Ozone kites, Dynabar sliding hook + a lot of other gear for fun and testing, e.g. Levitaz, Zeeko, AXIS, HB ....
- Brand Affiliation: www.famousfrank.com
16m is no problem, just try it. Give yourself some time on it to get used to it. After a few days you will have a better idea how it works for you.
When I still used tubes I was on 14m most of the time and 10m sometimes.
Now on Hyperlink (foil) I am using mostly 12m, 10m and 7m lines.
Return to “Hydrofoil”
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Foil and 5 guests