Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

Do you disassemble your foilboard after each use?

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
kite_hh
Frequent Poster
Gear: Cabrinha, North, own
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: Do you disassemble your foilboard after each use?

Postby kite_hh » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:41 pm

Thanks for all the answers! It seems that saltwater and alloy make it advisable to disassemble every now and then. In addition it seems that wear of screws and threads due to disassembling is nothing to be hugely worried about. Thanks again!

jumptheshark
Very Frequent Poster
Local Beach: Shhhhh
Favorite Beaches: Nude
Gear: The good stuff

Postby jumptheshark » Thu Sep 20, 2018 7:09 pm

Re hardware. I was also pretty worried about stripping them with regular use, and even went so far as to source a few extras for certain parts. Don't even know where those are now and three years in haven't had any sig wear on the originals that came with the foil. With time you learn not to over tighten. Solidly snug is good. Like pumping kites, you just get comfy with recognizing how much is enough and what is too much.

SENDIT!
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2000
Local Beach: Okaloosa Island
Favorite Beaches: In no particular order; Kailua Beach, Oahu; Lake Nitinaht, BC; OBX
Gear: Ocean Rodeo Flite 17 Aluula, North Reach 12, Ocean Rodeo Rise 10, Reach 9, Prodigy 7, Litewave Carbon Wing 165, Ocean Rodeo Mako 150, Poptart 139, Litewave Carbon Kick S 139, North Scoop/Sonar Surf Foil
Brand Affiliation: Mojo Actionsports

Postby SENDIT! » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:20 pm

jumptheshark wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:39 am
ap888 wrote:
Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:39 pm
Thin pocket board, mast and foil stack so flat it would fit between the seats of a Ferrari. I should get one.
Love this! I mean, based on that, how could you NOT get one?! :lol: :lol:

rolfjoosten
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Christ Church
Favorite Beaches: Silver Rock Barbados - home
Style: Fun
Gear: Strapless Wave, Hydrofoil

Postby rolfjoosten » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:43 pm

I live in Barbados where we have very high humidity and lot of seaspray, EVERYTHING corrodes here.
As I am driving a pickup truck its not necessary for me to disassemble. However as Moses has an aluminium fuselage I disassemble everything once a month and grease with Lithium grease which works very well. No issues with corrosion and stuck screws after over 2 years at all. I will change my screws to Torx now which work way better as my old allen screws start to wear....

Return to “Hydrofoil”