KeNalu sale

A forum dedicated to Hydrofoil riders
BigZ
Medium Poster
Local Beach: Central California Coast
Favorite Beaches: Jalama Beach
Style: Surf
Gear: Wave kites,
Surfboards, surfboards, and more surfboards ...

Did I say surfboards ?
Brand Affiliation: None
Has thanked: 0

KeNalu sale

Postby BigZ » Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:24 am

Looks like KeNalu has 2018 close out sale. %50 of their foils. $673 for a full carbon rig.

The mast is only 68cm but I have heard they will be releasing longer masts.

No affilitian with KeNalu. Just a happy customer for their paddles. Thinking about trying hydrofoiling and may stay with the brand.

Anybody using KeNalu foils for kiting?

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 2011
Local Beach: Sooke, BC, Canada
Style: Canada's Kai Lenny (in my mind)
Gear: Ocean Rodeo wings&kites / GoFoil
Brand Affiliation: Open to offers

Re: KeNalu sale

Postby juandesooka » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:35 am

I saw this ad posted on Facebook today. I initially misread the ad as getting both their 580 and 755 wings for $673 ... which would be crazy awesome. The surf/sup 755 I want is $773, which is still a good deal for a carbon foil, just not the "holy crap" deal. Oh well. ;-)

I don't really know much about their foils, but have been searching the web today. Best reviews I've found are here:
https://www.standupzone.com/forum/index ... #msg375082

It sounds like they are similar to gofoil: higher end carbon, good quality. I am tempted ... but leaning toward the bigger slingshot wing that was my initial plan. Aluminum is heavier and not as sexy, but its durability meshes well with my use and lifestyle.

stevez
Frequent Poster
Style: Foil freeride and wave
Gear: BRM cloud
Stringy foil XL
Homemade board

Postby stevez » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:23 pm

I've been using the Kenalu 775, and having a great time on it. Until yesterday at least, when I smashed into a reef while on a wave and broke the fuselage :(
It's a very nice foil for riding waves. It's a different ride from the gofoil, and maybe a better foil for kitefoiling. More of a balance between front and back foot, even when accelerating down the waves, and not the heavy front foot bias you have on the gofoil. Holds speed really well. It doesn't feel slow or draggy. Works well with a pocket board. The 580 is not a sup foil at all, it really is more of a freeride kite foil. But I've been on the 775 almost all the time. You may be able to get it with a longer mast. Mine is 87cm and I have the standard 66cm too, which I've been planning to use on a sup one day. For that price you can't go too badly wrong.

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster

Postby juandesooka » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Yikes! That replacement fuselage ain't cheap at $325. Unfortunately this highlights to me that, as sexy as this foil is and despite how much I want it, I am smarter to stick with my Slingshot, for the cheap and readily available spare parts. I am impressed by their commitment to interchangeable components across the product range and over years too ... makes it easy to mix m match a kite / surf quiver.

Peter_Frank
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Peter_Frank » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:50 pm

juandesooka wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:05 pm
Yikes! That replacement fuselage ain't cheap at $325. Unfortunately this highlights to me that, as sexy as this foil is and despite how much I want it, I am smarter to stick with my Slingshot, for the cheap and readily available spare parts. I am impressed by their commitment to interchangeable components across the product range and over years too ... makes it easy to mix m match a kite / surf quiver.

I think it is REALLY cheap and low cost, at least if taking the US Dollars exchange rate directly... :thumb:

8) PF

stevez
Frequent Poster
Stringy foil XL
Homemade board

Postby stevez » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:15 pm

Well hopefully I'll get a small discount but even if I don't that's not that bad. You don't realistically expect to smash your foil into a reef at full tilt and not do some damage. I'm happy it's just the fuselage. Minor damage to the wing I can repair myself. But the slingshot setup looks good, looks to have a thinner profile, which I think is ideal for kitefoiling.

juandesooka
Very Frequent Poster

Postby juandesooka » Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:27 am

stevez wrote:
Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:15 pm
Well hopefully I'll get a small discount but even if I don't that's not that bad. You don't realistically expect to smash your foil into a reef at full tilt and not do some damage. I'm happy it's just the fuselage. Minor damage to the wing I can repair myself. But the slingshot setup looks good, looks to have a thinner profile, which I think is ideal for kitefoiling.
I chickened out on the ke nalu. Did they give you a deal on new parts? hope so!

stevez
Frequent Poster
Stringy foil XL
Homemade board

Postby stevez » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:00 am

I'm still waiting on a replacement fuselage, which is taking a long time for some reason.
I don't want to be without a big wing over the Christmas break, so in the meantime I pulled the trigger on a stringy big wing upgrade. We'll see how that goes :)

Flyboy
Very Frequent Poster

Postby Flyboy » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Anymore feedback on the KeNalu foils?

Return to “Hydrofoil”