Contact   Imprint   Advertising   Guidelines

The Pansh A15, an A18 review

For all foil kite riders

PugetSoundKiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn
Brand Affiliation: None

Re: The Pansh A15, an A18 review

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 am

foilholio wrote:
Changes now from stock I have are 3:1 mixer, no C bridles, move and shortened 2 tip B bridles to C (yes technically some of C then still exists lol), shorten Z...

So implementation. I reinstate a 421 mixer and use the old B pulley to run the A funk...

Would you like a mixer pic to see what it converts to. You know a pic is a 1000 words and all...
So the mod is a like the speed1 system, except the A15 C-bridle is removed and the Speed1 C connections move to the A15 B connections?
A15-Mod.jpg
A15-Mod.jpg (24.85 KiB) Viewed 467 times
Pictures are easier :think:

The Speed1 B-row is very close to the leading edge & A-row, where as the A15 B-row is very far away from the leading edge & A-row. The A15 C-row is so very far away from the leading edge and close to the trailing edge & Z-row, that it has little use for tension/lift, and the Z-row/lines have enough camber change/effect that the C-row could be deleted?

PugetSoundKiter
Medium Poster
Kiting since: 2009
Style: Wake TT, Strapless Surfboard, Landboard
Gear: Cabrinha, Ocean Rodeo, Slingshot, Naish, North, Pansh, Ozone, HQ, Peter Lynn

Postby PugetSoundKiter » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:39 pm

...which makes me wonder if a simpler 2:1 might work, be easier to tune and reduce bar depower throw
A15-Mod-2.jpg
A15-Mod-2.jpg (11.19 KiB) Viewed 433 times

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:26 pm

Yes you got the first picture right. Except minor detail I connect the pulley to the pulley top/hole and not the top of the B main.

Also don't forget my moving 2 tip bridles from B to C and shortening. This is very important.

Second picture, if you read back is basically what Kiterfromgermany tried ( he still used C though). He gave up on it for I think the reasons I postulated. That is it won't increase camber so will be less stable depowered. Sorry yes I said mixer that increases camber is more stable. That is because they can have a reducing camber phase. It both reduces and increases camber, very confusing sorry.
PugetSoundKiter wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 7:21 am
The Speed1 B-row is very close to the leading edge & A-row, where as the A15 B-row is very far away from the leading edge & A-row. The A15 C-row is so very far away from the leading edge and close to the trailing edge & Z-row, that it has little use for tension/lift, and the Z-row/lines have enough camber change/effect that the C-row could be deleted?
Yes. But also could be said I tested it and it works L-)

foilholio
Very Frequent Poster
Kiting since: 1337
Local Beach: Ventura Beach
Favorite Beaches: Tarifa
Style: Airstyle
Gear: Foils

Postby foilholio » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:35 pm

Quite liking my mod more the more I use it.

I think maybe there is a bit more of a tendency for the tips to collapse when first inflating. I know when I first did the mod the tips could collapse and then would not open. I moved the tip bridles, as there existing placement was obviously wrong, adjusted their lengths and all was good. The kite has no issue once inflated, but I think I will play with the tip area a little more.

Return to “Foil Kites”