a15 in 18m:
Interestingly b56 plays a role in High wind stability.
I've had some very interesting trim sessions,
where I came up with some results regarding inner bridle readjustments.
Am on my way to let b56 in B, letting c56 in C
and letting z5678 in Z.
Why back to the roots?
Better for turning agility on big kites and I solved the stability issues I faced on my way to v1.0 and v1.1.
Main part is that you need to adjust b56 and c56, because they are responsible for dramatic tipstalls in original setup.
Main task: trim on depower instead of power positions (inner gear changings are not linear through changing from regular to backweighted mixer - I am understanding it for now, can trim even slightly frontbend tension lines now).
Will discuss it when Im ready.
Surprising results in last tweakings.
No calculations possible every line had to be flown to optimization.
For being able looking in the bridles, I made a 10m bar.
Next time on the water I gonna recheck adjustments.
For now result is for a15/18m
depower: much better than original
static pull: nice
turning: loops on 10m lines (very good for 18m)
stability: as original
overall: a 'new kite'
exemplarily pic of my outsleeved lines (this is how I test reconnecting and length variations by simple knotting)
now pigtail of a67 and a89 (one pigtail for two lines):
mega LCLs of a8 and a9 (same length):
I will document this stuff after getting high wind check on the water... (Unfortunately this takes time and occasional wind, maybe in upto 3 weeks?)
Got my hands on an pansh aeolus this week.
Will make some photos this weekend hopefully.
First surprise: I thought, the line quality would have increased a lot which I didn't found in first view.
A little documentation will be placed in seperate post.
I just started getting familiar with a 12m a15 (and foil kites in general).
So far I've only flown it with low wind from the ground.
Out of the bag:
- The bar was not connected ok
- The bridal was wrong at the right tip .I had to remove 2 lines and reconnect them, probably a piece of cake for somebody experienced (nobody around here). It took me some time to figure out what was the problem, couldn't know before launch.
I find the 5th line a pain, it always gets tangled and complicates everything a lot! Am I doing something wrong?
Moreover it's too long. With max trim, the leash was touching the ground
I was thinking to convert it to a front line flagging system for better line management and less tangles. Would the following work:
a) Remove the 5th line bridle (4+1 lines)
b) Connect the (now free) higher end of the remaining 5th line directly to the metal connector of one of the front lines.
(i.e. this connector will have to connect 3 lines.) If this does not work because the connector can't take 3 lines, I'll remove the connectors from the front lines and connect them loop to loop on both sides)
Will that work?
Your comments, ideas, opinions please!
Kykeon, after removing the 5th line bridle, why not use a 4-line bar? You could remove the 5th line altogether from your 5-line bar, but then I assume you'd have to modify the flag-out system, correct?
I think what you've described will work but, because of the redundant 5th and front lines connecting to the same bridle connection, you could potentially have more line mess than with a 4-line bar when you trigger your flag-out system. You'll also have to be careful that the 5th line isn't so taut that it impairs your ability to evenly power/depower the kite with your bar's center line system. It's worth a try but, in the final analysis, it doesn't seem to remove the complication of having a 5th line in the mix.
Thanks FLand, using a 4-line bar is a good idea but I have only one (Cabrina trim).
For the foil I like the idea to have a dedicated bar always connected.
I hope that the above modification will be simpler and less prone to tangles because the 5th line runs together with one of the front lines and also stops below the bridle where the big mess usually happens.